These chicken lettuce wraps are so tasty and not to mention healthy. They leave you feeling so full and guilt-free of a ton of bad carbs. They are just the right amount of crunchiness and flavor.
What is Keto?
Keto is basically a high fat and low carbohydrates diet. It’s intended to force the body to burn fat instead of carbohydrates. In a ketogenic diet, everything is pretty much measured and has zero to no sugar included. You eat things like meat, avocados, cheese, seafood, and eggs.
What kind of lettuce to use?
You can use any lettuce you would like but I prefer the organic romaine lettuce. I love the romaine lettuce because it’s much easier to keep the ingredients inside and they have such a satisfying crunch to them when you take a bite.
How to make chicken lettuce boat wraps?
To make these wraps is so simple and convenient. The only thing you will need to do is cut up either some chicken tenders or chicken breast. Once you have done that, season your meat very lightly. Place some extra virgin olive oil into the pan. Once the oil becomes hot, place the chicken into the pan. After the chicken is done, add your chicken to your romaine lettuce. Here is the fun part, adding on the toppings. Your toppings can be, sour cream, shredded cheese, grape tomatoes, cranberries, avocado, strawberries, and bacon.
If you enjoyed these quick chicken lettuce wraps, then you will love this roasted Brussel sprouts recipe!
Chicken lettuce wraps
- 1 lb chicken breast chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 oz avocado any fruit chopped to your liking
- romaine lettuce
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sour cream
- Clean and cut your chicken tenders or breast.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper
- Place olive oil into the pan and let it become hot
- Place the chicken into the pan for 10- 15 minutes
- Once done add to your romaine lettuce
- Then add your toppings(optional)sour cream, shredded cheese, grape tomatoes, cranberries, avocado, strawberries, and bacon. Staying in the keto window of course