This bacon scalloped potato is so cheesy and soft. Topped with crispy and crunchy bacon. These potatoes are cut thinly, seasoned, and then tossed in some creamy cheese sauce. Doesn’t that sound amazing?!?! Well, enough of this small talk. Let’s get to cooking.
What type of potatoes do I use?
For this bacon scalloped potatoes with cheese recipe, I used russet potatoes. If you have other potatoes on hand, you can use those potatoes, but I recommend using russet potatoes simply because russet potatoes tend to become softer faster than any other potatoes.
How to make scalloped potatoes?
To start off making these scalloped potatoes you will need to thoroughly wash your potatoes. Once you have done so you can peel your potatoes, but you don’t always have to. I like to lease the skin on. Once you have done all this begin to thinly slice your potatoes. Once you are done you should have a ton of thinly cut, circled-shaped potatoes. Firstly, In a saucepan on medium-low add your butter. Once the butter has melted down add in your onions and minced garlic.
Secondly, add your cornstarch and water mixture to the pan and stir. Once you have done that add in your heavy whipping cream and stir. Now, add in your shredded Parmesan cheese and stir. Add in your seasonings to the cheese sauce and stir. Lastly, take the sauce off the stove and spread a small amount at the bottom of your dish. Next, add in your potatoes and spread the sauce all over the mixture. Take your already cooked bacon and sprinkle it over the top of the potatoes. Generously, add your cheese over the top of the dish and place it into 400 degrees preheated oven.
What meals can I pair these scalloped potatoes with?
Well until next time folks…. chow
The Best Bacon Scalloped Potatoes
- 8 Pieces Bacon Cooked
- 1 Tbsp Minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Cups Heavy cream
- 2 Pound Russet potatoes cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Shredded sharp cheese
- 2 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Chives chopped
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- Cook your bacon until golden brown
- Thinly slice your potatoes into circle pieces. Season your potatoes with salt, pepper, and paprika to your liking. Mix your potatoes to cover all of the potatoes with seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- In a saucepan on medium-low add in your butter, minced garlic, chopped onions, water mix with cornstarch(stir) add in heavy cream(stir) add in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese(stir)
- Season your rue to your liking. Pepper, salt, and paprika. Stir and remove from stove.
- In a dish add in your potatoes then add your sauce mixture over the top. Next crumble your bacon and add over the top. Lastly, add your remaining cheese. Place aluminum foil over the dish
- Place in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until potatoes are softened
- Add your chopped chives and enjoy