Fried Chicken Ice Cream. Who doesn’t love the sweet, creamy deliciousness of ice cream and the savory, crispy goodness of fried chicken? But wait, this isn’t really fried chicken. It’s actually vanilla ice cream, a Twix bar, and crushed cornflakes molded into a perfect ice cream drumstick! Let’s jump into making the perfect fried chicken drumstick summer snack!
What Is Chicken Fried Ice Cream?
Chicken fried ice cream has really taken over TikTok lately. It is literally turning into a social media craze!
In addition, chicken fried ice cream is cold ice cream shaped into a chicken leg, it almost looks like my buttermilk fried chicken. It reminds me of my Grandma’s homemade ice cream recipe. With this recipe, you use chocolate for the insides of the chicken. You can use things like Kit Kat bars or Twix bars to get that maximum sweet flavor for the chocolate. You can also order this online, but I have created the recipe for a fraction of the price. These little cuties remind me of chicken tenders. The only thing you would need for this recipe is vanilla ice cream, crushed cornflakes, Twix bars, a cutting board, and plenty of great ice cream options if you plan on making a wide variety.
The food items you will need are pretty straightforward. So get ready for a quick after-dinner trip to the grocery store. You can get name-brand items, or you can get generic items. It is your preference.
A full list of ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below!
Vanilla ice cream- for each piece of chicken, you will need a handful of ice cream. Also, the ice cream will need extra smoothing to form these chicken ice cream treats. You can use different and fun flavors of ice cream, such as cookie butter ice cream, lime ice cream, banana pudding ice cream, or even red velvet ice cream. I used Blue Bell cookie dough ice cream.
Twix Bars- I made these delicious ice cream treats with Twix bars. The amount you will need will depend on how many pieces you will make. I cut my Twix chocolate shell in half to get that chicken drumstick shape to get the best end results.
Crushed Cornflakes- Use any cornflakes you may have on hand. I used Frosted Flakes so that I could get that sweet.
Parchment Paper– Used to place the ice cream and place in the freezer.
Saran Wrap- It’s used to mold the ice cream.
How To Make Chicken Fried Ice Cream
1. Lay a piece of Saran Wrap on a flat surface. Scoop 1 cup of ice and begin to smooth out. Place the Twix in the center of the ice cream.
2. Place another layer of ice cream on top of the Twix. Place the rest of the ice cream in the freezer. Next, Use the Saran paper to form the ice cream around the Twix. Making it into a chicken shape. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Leave in the saran wrap.
3. Meanwhile, crunch your cornflakes in a large bowl or a ziplock bag. Remove the ice cream chicken from the fridge and unwrap it. Next, place it into the ziplock bag to cover the ice cream with the cornflakes.
4. Lastly, place onto parchment back into the freezer/ for 2 to 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Add different candy to the center. You can replace the Twix with a kit kat bar or Pepperidge Farm Pirouette French vanilla wafers.
Where to get not fried chicken not fried chicken Ice cream?
You can purchase from the original website. Also, they have nationwide shipping and the drumsticks come in at nine-piece bucket.
How Much is fried chicken ice cream?
This ice cream is about $109 at Life Raft Treats.
In conclusion, this recipe may sound like a wild combination of flavors and textures, but it’s surprisingly delicious. While it may look like fried chicken on the outside, the inside is a sweet and creamy corn flakes ice cream made with cornflakes for a satisfying crunch and bits of chocolate Twix for an added twist. It’s the perfect summer dessert for those looking for kid’s indoor activities, something different and adventurous like waffle-flavored ice cream! So, next time you’re feeling daring, try this chicken drumsticks recipe and let your taste buds be pleasantly surprised.
How To Make Chicken Fried Ice Cream
- Saran Wrap
- Parchment Paper
- 1.5 Quart Vanilla ice cream
- 2 Packs Twix Bars Will make 4
- Frosted flakes cornflakes Crushed
- Lay a piece of Saran Wrap on a flat surface.
- Scoop 1 cup of ice and begin to smooth out. Place the Twix in the center of the ice cream.1.5 Quart Vanilla ice cream, 2 Packs Twix Bars
- Next, place another layer of ice cream on top of the Twix. Place the rest of the ice cream in the freezer.
- Use the Saran paper to begin forming the ice cream around the Twix. Making it into a chicken shape.
- Leave the chicken fried and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, crunch your cornflakes in a large bowl or a ziplock bag. Remove the ice cream chicken from the fridge and unwrap it. Next, place it into the ziplock bag to cover the ice cream with the cornflakes.Frosted flakes cornflakes
- Remove the ice cream chicken from the fridge and place into the ziplock bag ensuring to cover the ice cream with the cornflakes.
- Lastly, place back into the freezer/ for 2 to 4 hours or overnight for best results.