Garlic mashed potatoes! Doesn’t that just sound heavenly? This is one Thanksgiving recipe that will have you coming back for more. These garlic mashed potatoes are so creamy and buttery with just the right amount of garlic flavor added. So delicious. Let me show you how to make garlic mashed potatoes.
How to make garlic mashed potatoes?
To make these quick and easy garlic mashed potatoes the only thing you will need is about 2 pounds of russet potatoes, salt, butter, fresh garlic, minced garlic, chicken broth, buttermilk, salt, and pepper. That is it. The first thing you will need to do is wash and dry your russet potatoes.
Once you have done that peel your potatoes and cut them into medium bite-size pieces. Once you have done this place your potatoes into the pot and add water or chicken broth. Turn your stove on medium-high. Add in your salt, and garlic cloves. Let the potatoes cook until tender. Once they are done drain the water off the potatoes. Take your pot off the stove and add in your butter, buttermilk, salt, and white pepper then begin to mash the potatoes. Stop when you have the potatoes at the consistency you like. Add some melted butter and fresh parsley and enjoy!
Should I boil my potatoes in water or chicken broth?
When it comes down to making garlic mash potatoes, we want to make sure our potatoes have as much flavor as we can possibly stand. When I make my mash potatoes for me only. I always boil them in the chicken broth because I like the extra flavor it gives. I have had times whereas if I was out of chicken broth, I would just add water, but you can taste the difference in flavor. The potatoes boiled in chicken broth has much more flavor to them.
What can I pair these mashed potatoes recipe with?
First, let me start off by saying this recipe is perfect for a Thanksgiving side dish. I would typically pair these mash potatoes with my beef ribs or my buttermilk fried chicken. If you are looking for a vegetable, then you should try me Parmesan roasted broccoli with these garlic mashed potatoes.
Well until next time folks
How To Make Garlic Mashed Potatoes?
- ¼ Cup Buttermilk Hot(warm in microwave or stovetop)
- 5 Tbsp Butter
- 2 lb Russet Potatoes Peeled and diced
- 2 Cups Water or chicken broth Boiling potatoes
- 4 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Minced garlic Add as much as you like
- Pepper To taste
- 1 Tsp Sea salt To taste
- 1 Tbsp Parsley Garnish
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt For boiling potatoes
- Peel, wash, and cut your russet potatoes into bite-sized pieces2 lb Russet Potatoes
- In a pot add in your potatoes along with your water or chicken broth2 Cups Water or chicken broth
- Sprinkle your salt and chopped garlic into the water1 Tbsp Sea Salt, 4 Garlic Cloves
- Allow to cook for about 25 minutes or until a fork can break the potatoes apart easily
- Drain your potatoes and add to a bowl
- Add your butter to the hot potatoes5 Tbsp Butter
- Add your hot buttermilk¼ Cup Buttermilk
- Mix with your electric mixer until you get to your desired consistency.
- Add in your pepper salt to tastePepper, 1 Tsp Sea salt
- Add in your minced garlic and mix again1 Tbsp Minced garlic
- Garnish with parsley1 Tbsp Parsley