4 Ingredient Banana Pudding is a quick and easy homemade banana pudding dessert you crave repeatedly! So, if you love classic southern desserts, you’re in for a delightful treat with this 4-ingredient banana pudding. Simple ingredients include fresh bananas, sweetened condensed milk, and instant pudding mix. You can whip up a creamy and delicious homemade recipe that will satisfy your taste buds. Whether you’re preparing it for a family gathering, special occasions, or simply indulging in a sweet treat for yourself, this easy banana pudding recipe is bound to become one of your all-time favorite desserts. Now, let’s get down to making this classic southern dessert.
Why You Will Love This 4 Ingredient Banana Pudding
Basic But Delicious– The homemade pudding comes together within minutes. There’s no need to wait to taste that delicious banana flavor! Caramel sauce pairs well with this 4 ingredient banana pudding.
- Perfect Make-Ahead- You can make this creamy banana pudding a couple of days before you are ready to enjoy it. I will list a few tips about the sweet banana slices below.
- 15 Minutes or Less- Your whole family will love this recipe, and so will you. You don’t have to stand on your feet for long. Simply mix a few ingredients up and add the vanilla wafers layer.
- Party Approved- This is the perfect recipe for family gatherings. If you have any special occasion, this is the recipe for you!
Ingredients for 4 Ingredient Banana Pudding
- Instant vanilla pudding mix- This ingredient is usually found at your local grocery.
- Whole Milk- Whole milk is used in this bake recipe for the instant vanilla pudding. You can use other types of milk. Also, try to ensure you are using cold milk. You can find more information on this in the substitution list below.
- Vanilla Wafers- Use vanilla to bring in that crunch texture. They work well in this 4 ingredient banana pudding recipe.
- Whipped Cream- Use the original whipped cream or the extra creamy version. It is entirely up to you, my friend.
- Bananas- Bananas are optional. Yes, that’s right, optional, my friends. If you aren’t a fan of bananas, you can omit them from this recipe and still have the perfect tasty dessert.
Steps to Make 4 Ingredient Banana Pudding
Now that you have all your ingredients ready let’s dive into the step-by-step process of making this 4-ingredient banana pudding:
1. To a large mixing bowl, mix the vanilla pudding mix and the whole milk until smooth and well combined. Let it sit for a few minutes to thicken.
2. While the pudding is thickening, slice the ripe bananas.
3. Begin with a layer of vanilla wafers, bananas, and then a layer of the pudding mixture, whipped cream. Do the layers over until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of vanilla wafers on top.
4. Cover up with plastic wrap and place in refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours. You should allow to sit in the fridge overnight for best results the next day.
- Homemade Whipped Cream- You can easily make your own whipped cream by adding heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, then blend until it favors whipped cream.
- Vanilla wafers– If you don’t have vanilla wafers on hand and are not a fan of them, you can replace them with Graham crackers.
- Whole Milk- If you don’t have or would not like to use whole milk, you can also use 2% almond, non-dairy, half and half, or even heavy whipping cream. They all work the same and don’t affect the taste of the recipe.
Sweetened Condensed Milk- Add a can of condensed milk to your 4 ingredient banana pudding. It adds in a little bit of sweetness.
Sugar- You can add a half cup of sugar to make this recipe even sweeter! If you are using sugar, then try to leave the condensed milk out.
Electric Mixer- Using this will ensure that you are combining all of the instant pudding and milk well.
Large Mixing Bowl- helps with the mixing of the ingredients. Simply add your recommended ingredients to the bowl.
Can you freeze banana pudding?
Yes, you can freeze banana pudding. However, the texture of the pudding may change slightly after thawing. It may become somewhat watery or lose some of its creaminess. To freeze banana pudding, transfer it to an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
How long does banana pudding last?
Freshly made banana pudding typically lasts 2-3 days when stored in the refrigerator. However, the exact shelf life can vary depending on the ingredients used and how it is stored. Consuming banana pudding within this time frame is best to ensure optimal taste and quality.
Does banana pudding need to be covered in the fridge?
It is recommended to cover banana pudding when storing it in the refrigerator. This helps to prevent it from absorbing any odors from other foods and also helps to maintain its freshness. You can also use plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or an airtight container to cover the banana pudding before refrigerating it.
Is banana pudding healthy?
Traditional banana pudding typically includes ingredients like bananas, milk, sugar, and vanilla wafers or cookies. While bananas are a good source of potassium, vitamins, and dietary fiber, adding sugar and high-fat ingredients like whole milk or heavy cream can make it less healthy.
How To keep bananas from turning brown?
Toss them in a bit of lemon juice to prevent browning.
After a few days, the fresh banana slices will become rotten with many brown spots and unpleasant to eat. I suggest you only use half of a banana according to how much of this 4-ingredient banana pudding you make.
Affiliate links are in this post. I may receive a small commission.
4 Ingredient Banana Pudding
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup of cool whip
- 1 to 2 bananas
- To a large mixing bowl, mix the vanilla pudding mix and the whole milk until smooth and well combined. Let it sit for a few minutes to thicken.1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix, 2 cups of whole milk
- While the pudding is thickening, slice the ripe bananas.1 to 2 bananas
- Begin with a layer of vanilla wafers, bananas, and then a layer of the pudding mixture, whipped cream. Do the layers over until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of vanilla wafers on top.1 cup of cool whip
- Cover up with plastic wrap and place in refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours. You should allow to sit in the fridge