This chicken taco recipe is so fun to make not to mention how easy it is. I loved learning how to make chicken tacos with my mom as a young girl. This chicken taco is one that will have your taste buds raging with excitement!
How to make the rub for this taco recipe?
To make the rub seasoning for this delicious chicken taco is quite simple. The first thing we will need to do is get all our seasonings and a bowl. In that bowl add all your seasonings. Make sure you mix all the seasonings together thoroughly. Once you have done so spread the seasonings generously over your chicken tenders.
How to make the taco sauce?
To make the taco sauce for this recipe we will need to make sure you have all these seasonings in your pantry. Cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, sugar, tomato sauce, vinegar, and water. In a saucepan on medium-low add in your water, vinegar, and tomato sauce. Once the mixture begins to bubble stir and then add in your seasonings. Stir the mixture very well then remove from the stove and let cool.
What type of chicken can I use in this chicken taco?
I used chicken tenders to make the best chicken taco recipe. That’s not the only type of chicken you can use. You can use chicken breast, chicken thighs, and even whole chicken to make this delicious chicken taco recipe.
How to make chicken tacos?
To make this recipe you first need to start off by thoroughly cleaning your chicken. Make sure your chicken is pat dry. Next, cut your chicken into bite-size pieces. Place your chicken into a bowl. Once you have done so add in your rub seasonings all over your chicken tenders. Now, begin to spread the mixture evenly.
In a saucepan add in your butter. Once you have done so add in your chopped chicken tenders. Allow them to cook until a 170-degree temperature is reached internally. Now you want to remove the chicken from the stove leaving the remaining juice in the saucepan. With the stove still being on medium-low add your small tortilla bread into the pan. Allow both sides to cook until the tortilla begins to get a little crispy. Remove the tortilla from the stove than to the tortilla add in your chicken, cheese, and Pico de Gallo.
If you enjoyed this chicken tacos recipe then you should check out my chicken quesadilla recipe.
How to make chicken tacos
- 1 Lb Chicken tenders Chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Bag Small flour tortillas
- 1 Tsp Cummin To your liking/optional
- 1 1 oz Chicken taco seasoning Store purchased/Optional
- 1 Tsp Paprika To your liking
- 1 Tsp Creole seasoning To your liking
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper To your liking
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder To your liking
- 3 Tbsp Butter To your liking
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil Any cooking oil of your choice
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1 Cup Sharp shredded cheese
- 1 Cup pica de gallo Store purchased
- Clean your chicken tenders then cut them into bite-size pieces
- Place your chicken in a bowl
- Add in your seasonings (garlic powder, pepper, paprika, creole seasoning, salt, and ground cummin, chicken taco seasoning).
- Mix those seasonings onto your chicken well
- Preheat your saucepan to medium-high
- Add in your butter and olive oil
- Add your chicken
- Spread the chicken evenly in the pan so it can begin to cook
- Cook the chicken until brown or until 170 degrees internally
- Once you remove the chicken make sure to leave the sauce in the pan and turn the stove medium-low
- Place your small tortilla in the pan then sprinkle 1 tsp of sharp shredded cheese evenly over the tortilla and allow to cook on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes or until it's crispy to your liking
- Now add in your chicken, shredded sharp cheese, pico de gallo, and crumbled feta cheese.