Oven roasted Cornish hen is one of the quickest most delicious meals! This hen is so juicy and filled with much flavor. This is definitely a favorite of mines. From the crispy skin to the tasty meat inside. Come on so we can get to making this recipe!
What type of seasoning do I use?
For this easy Cornish hen recipe, I used a few simple ingredients. The seasonings used were garlic powder, black pepper, creole, dried parsley and a pinch of adobo seasoning. Once you have all the seasonings together just add them all in a bowl and mix for the perfect dry rub.
How to cook Cornish hen?
Cooking a Cornish hen is so simple the first thing we will need to do is preheat our ovens to 400 degrees. Once you have done so take some soften butter and rub over the Cornish hen. After, you have done so add your seasoning all over your chicken.
Cooking variations for cooking a Cornish hen
As you may know already Cornish hen can be cooked so many different ways. You can air fry them, deep fry, or even slow cook Cornish hens. Changing the way you season your hen is always an option. You can use a dry rub, brine your hen, or even oil the hen then season your hen!
What sides can I add with Cornish hen?
For this easy Cornish hen recipe, you can pair with literally any side you want. You will definitely enjoy this meal with my garlic butter mash potatoes or my Parmesan oven roasted broccoli. That is just to name a few. This roasted Cornish hen is so easy to pair.
If you enjoyed this delicious, quick, and easy recipe then you should checkout my other chicken recipes!
Well, until next time folks
How To Make Oven Roasted Cornish Hen
- 2 1-2lb Cornish Hens
- 1 Stick Softened butter
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 12oz Green beans Optional
- 1 1lb Baby carrots Optional
- 1 Garlic clove Chopped
- 1 Large Sweet onion Optional
- 1 Medium Orange bell pepper Optional
- 1/2 Tsp Sea salt To your liking
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper To your liking
- 1/2 Tsp Creole seasoning To your liking
- 1/2 Tsp Dried parsley
- 1/2 Tsp Adobo seasoning To your liking
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Wash and clean your Cornish hen
- Dry the hens well
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- In a small bowl add in all of your seasonings and mix them together
- Rub your soften butter all over your Cornish hens
- Take your seasonings and rub all over the chicken
- After you have done so set your chicken to the side and add all of your vegetables, garlic clove, and onions into the pan
- Pour your chicken broth over your vegetables
- Season your vegetable as you like. I used a 1/2 Tsp salt, pepper, and garlic powder but you don’t have to season
- Add your uncooked chicken back onto the vegetables
- Place aluminum foil over your entire pan and place in the oven for 55 minutes or until the inside reaches 165 degrees inside