Let me start by saying these Italian breaded onion rings are so delicious. If you want a quick, simple, yet mouth-watering recipe, look no further because these onion rings will satisfy that craving!
How to make Italian breaded onion rings?
To make these onion rings is so simple that a baby could make them. Lol, I kid. Seriously, it’s extremely easy to make this recipe. First, gather your ingredients. Flour, Italian bread crumbs, paprika, pepper, onion, and salt. In a bowl add in flour then mix in all the seasonings mentioned above. In that same flour, bowl add in your buttermilk and mix together. Next, take a cut onion(cut into a circle) and dip that onion into the milk and flour mixture. Now, add the Italian bread seasoning into a separate bowl and dip the milk and flour cover onion into the Italian seasoning. Lastly, let’s get ready to fry.
How to deep fry onion rings?
Deep frying onion rings are so easy. The only thing you need to do is pour oil into a pan or a deep fryer. Allow the pan to reach the temperature of 365 Fahrenheit. Once you have gotten to the desired temperature add your onion rings into the grease and allow to deep fry on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes. Take out the pot and place it onto a napkin to drain for about 5 minutes.
What type of onions to use?
For this recipe, I used a yellow sweet onion. I would imagine that any onion you decide to use will work just fines as well. I personally have only used the yellow sweet onions to make this recipe.
How long will these onion rings last after cooked?
I went back to warm these onion rings up after a day or so. So,I wouldn’t recommend. I would definitely just eat them soon after you make them and fry a fresh batch when ready. Although, the flour mixture can be left in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you will love my crispy chicken recipe.
Well until next time folks!
The best Italian breaded onion rings
- 2 Large Sweet onion Cut into circles
- 2 Cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 Cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 Tsp Paprika To your liking
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Wash and cut onions into a thick circle or a ring
- Preheat pan with 4 inches of vegetable oil to 365 degrees
- In a bowl with flour add in all the listed seasonings above
- Next add the buttermilk into into the flour and mix well
- In a bowl add in Italian seasoning
- Dip 1 onion into the flour and milk mixture then into the Italian bread crumbs. Repeat
- Add them into the oil for 2 to 3 minutes on both sides
- Take out and let the excess oil drain onto a napkin for 5 minutes