Spicy rigatoni recipe, anyone? Hey there, my Southern foodies!! Today, we’re talking about an all-time Italian classic dish with a twist, spicy rigatoni! And not just spicy rigatoni, we’re going all in with a crispy parmesan-crusted juicy chicken breast on a bed of rigatoni noodles. Keep reading so I can show you how to make this delicious dish.
Ingredients For Spicy Rigatoni Recipe
Let’s get down to business and discuss the ingredients for this fabulous spicy rigatoni recipe!
Rigatoni pasta– First up, we’ve got rigatoni pasta. They are in perfect shape to hold onto all that delicious sauce.
Chicken breast (optional)- We need some fresh chicken breast. You must pound them with a meat mallet to ensure they cook evenly.
Tomato Paste- We’ll need some good-quality tomato paste for the sauce. I used plenty of garlic (because garlic makes everything better) and a healthy.
Red Pepper Flakes– a dash of red pepper flakes for that extra kick of heat.
Sweet White Wine- Adds a sweet taste to this spicy rigatoni recipe.
Heavy Cream– Let’s not forget about the heavy cream – it gives this sauce its luscious, silky texture.
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese- This is for the topping. You can top it with your favorite cheese.
Fresh Parsley– for a bit of freshness and color. Trust us – this combination of ingredients is killer and will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
Granulated Sugar- Adds sweetness.
The full list of ingredients can be found below.
How To Make Spicy Rigatoni Recipe
This spicy rigatoni recipe is pretty straightforward, but I will say that this is somewhat of a 2-part recipe. We will first start with cooking the chicken breast and then the pasta. Let’s go.
Cook Chicken Breast– Let’s prepare the crusted chicken breast. You’ll need chicken breasts, salt, pepper, flour, beaten egg, and Italian breadcrumbs.
Season-Sean the chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper. You can also use other seasoning if that’s your preference.
Prepare 3 Separate Bowls- Take a shallow dish and add some flour. In another dish, add the beaten egg. Lastly, take the breadcrumbs and add them to a third dish. Start with coating the chicken breasts in flour, then in egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs. Make sure they are coated evenly. Take a pan, add some olive oil and melted butter. Cook the chicken on medium heat till it’s crispy and golden brown. Set aside and let it rest until we make the rest of this spicy rigatoni recipe.
Spicy Rigatoni Sauce
We will use tomato paste, a ton of garlic, pepper flakes, and sliced onions for the sauce.
Heating- Start by heating some olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic, pepper flakes, sliced onions, and sauté until the onions are translucent.
Paste- Stir in your tomato paste and heavy cream. Add your seasonings and stir.
Cook Pasta- Now, let’s cook the rigatoni. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the rigatoni pasta. Cook it for 8-10 minutes or until it’s al dente. Once the pasta is cooked, please remove it from the water and add it to the sauce with grated parmesan. Mix it well, ensuring every pasta is coated with the delicious sauce.
Plate it up It’s time to plate up! Add a bowl, a generous amount of spicy rigatoni, and then add a slice of the crusted chicken breast on top. Feel free to add a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.
And there you have it! Spicy rigatoni.
- Vegan Pasta- If you aren’t a fan of regular pasta, you can use vegan or plant-based pasta.
- No Meat- This Carbone spicy rigatoni recipe doesn’t need meat. Take the meat away or use tofu.
- Kid-friendly– No pepper flakes and no alcohol. Remove all the spice and alcohol from this recipe to get the most out of this meal with the kiddos.
First up, a large pot for boiling the pasta to perfection. Don’t forget a colander to drain that al dente rigatoni. Grab a sauté pan and a wooden spoon for the spicy sauce to stir up a frenzy of flavors. You’ll also need a can opener for the crushed tomatoes and a garlic press to add that extra kick. Finish it off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, and voila! Your taste buds will be screaming for more.
- Alright, pasta lovers and sauce enthusiasts, listen up! If you want your noodles to be super saucy and oh-so-creamy, only use a half pound of pasta.
This spicy rigatoni recipe topped with crusted chicken breast is perfect for a date night at home or a satisfying dinner to impress your guests. Whether you’re an experienced cook or trying Italian cuisine, this recipe is a must-try! Thank you for joining me today, and don’t forget to try this recipe out and share your thoughts in the comments section below. Until next time folks!
Spicy Rigatoni Recipe With Chicken
Spicy Rigatoni Sauce
- 1/2 lb Rigatoni pasta
- 2 Garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 Cup Onion diced
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Pepper Flakes
- 6 Ounces Tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup Sweet White Wine Any of choice
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Sea Salt (To your liking)
- Ground Black pepper (To your liking)
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 2 Cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 to 4 Chicken breast (Thinly sliced, if not use a mallet to flatten meat.)
- With a meat mallet, flatten your meat. Take the chicken breasts and season both sides with salt and pepper to your liking.Sea Salt, 3 to 4 Chicken breast, Ground Black pepper
- Take a shallow dish and add some flour. In another dish, add the beaten egg. Lastly, take the breadcrumbs and add them to a third dish.1 Cup Flour, 3 3 Eggs, 2 Cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- Start with coating the chicken breasts in flour, next in egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs. Make sure they are coated evenly.
- To a pan, add some olive oil and melted butter. Cook the chicken on medium-low heat for 8 minutes on both sides or until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees. Set aside and let it rest until the sauce is ready.1 Tablespoon Butter, 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Spicy Rigatoni Pasta
- Heat a pot of boiling, salty water to the perfect temperature for cooking your favorite pasta. Follow the instructions on its packaging and prepare. Sit to the side.1/2 lb Rigatoni pasta
- Drizzle olive oil and butter over medium heat and add chopped onions and garlic, and chili peppers to sauté for 2-3 minutes.2 Garlic cloves finely minced, 1/2 Cup Onion diced, 2 Tablespoons 2 Olive Oil, 2 Tablespoon Butter, 1 Teaspoon Chili Pepper Flakes
- Stir in your tomato paste and heavy cream while it simmers. Stir in your sugar.6 Ounces Tomato paste, 1 Cup Heavy cream, 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Next, pour in your sweet white wine. Allow it to simmer for one minute. Stir well.1/2 Cup Sweet White Wine
- Stir in your pasta and grated Parmesan cheese. Taste to make sure it doesn’t need anymore seasoning.Top with chicken and enjoy1 Cup Parmesan cheese