Chicken bombs are so delicious and packed with a ton of flavor. You can have this delicious meal with a side of buffalo sauce. It’s also the perfect meal for a date night or just something quick to put on the table. It’s seriously so juicy and a must-try.
What Are Chicken Bombs?
Chicken bombs are juicy pieces of chicken breast stuffed and wrapped into a thick cut of bacon then placed into the oven to sizzle away. This chicken bombers recipe is extremely easy to recreate!
Ingredients For Chicken Bombs
- Chicken Breast- I used a thick cut of chicken. You will want to make sure that you use a meat mallet for the chicken so that everything can cook evenly.
- Seasonings- garlic powder, black pepper, seasoning salt, and paprika.
- Mozzarella Cheese- This will give you that gooey cheese pull that we all love and adore!!
- Turkey Meat- You can use fresh deli meat or prepackaged meat. This is also perfect to enjoy with a different recipe later. So, no food is wasted.
- Sour Cream- Using sour cream in these chicken bombs adds a ton of flavor and taste to your recipe. This really sends your chicken breast meal to another level folks.
- Thick Bacon- The crispy bacon adds a touch of richness that takes these chicken bombs to the extreme. Trust me. Your tastebuds will thank you later!
How To Make Chicken Bombs?
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Pound the chicken with a meat mallet so that things can cook evenly.
Lay your chicken breast on a flat surface. With a sharp knife split the chicken breast down the middle but not all the way through.
Next, add in your mozzarella cheese, Turkey meat(any meat of your choice), sour cream, and chopped red onions.
Close the chicken and season the chicken front and back. Ensuring to rub in all of the seasoning.
Lastly, wrap the chicken in the thick-cut bacon. Spray your dish with nonstick spray and place the chicken in.
Bake in the oven until the bacon becomes crispy or the chicken is well done.
- Turkey Meat- You can use any cut of meat you may have on hand. Salami, ham, or even pepperoni. It’s your preference.
- Seasonings- You can get creative with the seasonings and add more of your favorites to the outer layer of the chicken before being wrapped in the bacon.
- Sour Cream- If you don’t necessarily like sour cream. You can use softened cream cheese.
Storage For Chicken Bombs
You will need to store your chicken bombs in an airtight container or a sealed tight ziplock bag to keep all of the freshness inside.
What type of chicken to use for chicken bombs?
Chicken breast is the best type of chicken to use. The reason is that you can split the chicken with a knife and add in your ingredients. It would be a little difficult to do so using a chicken drumstick or chicken thigh.
What goes inside the bacon-wrapped stuff chicken?
The ingredients that go inside the chicken breast are so simple and you may already have it inside your refrigerator. Which is a bonus! So, the ingredients are simple. You will only need a few ingredients for the inside. Swiss cheese or you can use mozzarella, sour cream, diced onions, and a couple of slices of honey Turkey. Once you have all the ingredients place the cheese, honey Turkey, then the sour cream with diced onions.
How to wrap the bacon around the chicken?
Once you have the ingredients inside the chicken. Season the chicken front and back. Make sure you rub in your seasoning. Once you have done so, place 2 to 3 pieces of thick bacon down on a flat surface. Place the chicken at the top of the bacon and roll the chicken over onto the bacon repeatedly.
- 4 Chicken Breast Boneless
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Seasoning Salt To Taste or All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese or 4 slices of swiss cheese
- 4 Slices Turkey Any deli meat you have on hand
- 4 Tablespoon Sour cream Softened Cream Cheese
- 12 Slices Bacon Thick
- 1 Tablespoon Red Onions Diced, Optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Pound the chicken with a meat mallet so that things can cook evenly.4 Chicken Breast
- Lay your chicken breast on a flat surface. With a sharp knife split the chicken breast down the middle but not all the way through.
- Next, add in your mozzarella cheese, Turkey meat(any meat or your choice), sour cream, and chopped red onions.1 Cup Mozzarella cheese, 4 Slices Turkey, 4 Tablespoon Sour cream, 1 Tablespoon Red Onions
- Close the chicken and season chicken front and back. Ensuring to rub in all of the seasoning.1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper, 1 Teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- Lastly, wrap the chicken in the thick cut bacon. Spray your dish with non stick spray and place the chicken in.12 Slices Bacon
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the bacon becomes crispy or the chicken is well done.