Bourbon and Coke are made the old-fashioned way. This two-ingredient drink made with Coca-Cola will have you feeling just the right amount of booziness. This Coke drink with lime juice and a side of pork chops would be magical, right? Please note that this recipe is intended for individuals of legal drinking age, 21 years old and older.
What Is Bourbon and Coke?
Bourbon vs. whiskey. Let’s go there first. Bourbon and whiskey aren’t the same. Lol, I will explain more in-depth later. Bourbon is a distilled alcoholic beverage that makes good cocktails when done right. Bourbon and Coke is also a popular two-ingredient cocktail drink. That is simple and refreshing, combining bourbon’s smoothness with Coke’s sweetness and carbonation. The ratio of bourbon to Coke can vary depending on personal preference. I would like to taste more of Coke.
Ingredients You Will Need For Bourbon and Coke
Lime Wedge- This will give your bourbon cocktails a bolder flavor profile.
Cola of your choice- This classic drink can’t go on without the main character (coke drink).
Ice Cubes- Add a few pieces of ice to a tall glass or mason jar before enjoying.
How To Make Bourbon and Coke?
1. Fill your highball glass with ice cubes.
2. Add some bourbon whiskey to the glass, about 2 ounces.
3. Next, squeeze the lime into the glass.
4. Top the glass with Coca-Cola, leaving room for the ice.
5. Mix the bourbon, Coke, and lime juice gently.
6. Garnish with lime wedges.
Substitutions/Variations Bourbon and Coke Recipe
- What I love about this bourbon and coke recipe is that you can just about any Coke you like: diet Coke, regular Coke, and even bourbon cherry Coke.
- Instead of adding bourbon to your Coke, add a splash of your favorite whiskey to your Coke cocktail.
Equipment For Bourbon and Coke Recipe
Cocktail Shaker- I feel the easiest cocktails must be made with a shaker.
If you have any of this bourbon and whiskey left, add it to a mason jar with the top sealed tightly and place it in the refrigerator.
Bourbon vs Whiskey
Jack Daniels is a type of whiskey, but Woodford Reserve is a bourbon. Here let me explain bourbon is a specific type of American whiskey. It must meet certain legal requirements to be called bourbon vs. whiskey, a broad category of distilled spirits made from grains such as barley, corn, rye, or wheat. It is typically aged in wooden barrels, which imparts flavors and colors to the spirit. Whiskey can be produced in various countries, including Scotland (Scotch whisky), Ireland (Irish whiskey), and the United States (American whiskey).
Bourbon and Coke Recipe
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 4 oz Cola
- 1 Lime wedge
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the bourbon over the ice.2 oz Bourbon
- Squeeze the juice from the lime wedge into the glass.1 Lime wedge
- Drop the squeezed lime wedge into the glass.
- Top off with cola and give it a gentle stir.4 oz Cola
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge, if desired.
- Enjoy your refreshing bourbon and coke with a twist of lime!