Mississippi pot roast instant pot is a recipe that will always warm your heart. It’s so rich in flavor, not to mention tender. Did I also mention that it’s a keto Mississippi pot roast recipe, meaning low carbs!!! You can enjoy it with my garlic butter mashed potatoes. I am not trying to brag, but once you taste this recipe, you will continue making this recipe repeatedly. Okayyy.
What is instant pot Mississippi roast?
Mississippi pot roast in the instant pot is usually made with Chuck roast, which is found in your local grocery store. The ingredients in this pot roast are simple and easy to find. Another thing that I would like to mention is that this recipe is also keto-friendly. So, I guess you can call this recipe a keto Mississippi pot roast. A roast can be cooked in a slow cooker, stovetop, or instant pot, which is what I did.
Ingredients For Keto Mississippi Pot Roast
Boneless Beef Roast
Ranch Dressing Mix
McCormick Brown Gravy
Those ingredients can all be found at your local grocery store.
How To Make Mississippi Pot Roast?
1. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper on all sides.
2. Set the Instant Pot to “Saute” and melt the butter.
3. Brown the chuck roast in melted butter and oil on all sides.
4. Remove the roast from the Instant Pot and set it aside.
5. In a small bowl, mix the ranch dressing mix and au jus gravy mix.
6. Place the chuck roast back into the Instant Pot.
7. Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and au jus gravy mix over the roast.
8. Add the pepperoncini peppers, juice, and beef broth to the Instant Pot.
9. Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to “Pressure Cook” mode for 60 minutes.
10. Once the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
Is the Mississippi pot roast keto-friendly
Yes, Mississippi pot roast is keto-friendly and shouldn’t throw you out of ketosis when consumed in moderation. This recipe is high in protein but not so high in carbohydrates.
Can you cook a Mississippi pot roast in an instant pot?
Yes, you can.
Tips: if you have never used an instant pot before, please follow a structured YouTube video so that no accidents will happen. Instant pots can be very dangerous when not operated correctly.
What to serve with Mississippi pot roast
I serve this instant pot Mississippi roast with a ton of different sides. It just depends on what you want to eat that day. My favorite side with this instant pot meal is my broccolini, which is very keto and low-carb friendly. You can’t go wrong with this meal. You are going to be getting in your share of protein.
How to store instant pot Mississippi pot roast
You will need to get an airtight storage container. Place all your leftover roast beef into the container. You can store this roast beef in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you freeze the leftover roast, it can last for up to 2 months or more in the freezer.
How to reheat?
To reheat this recipe in a microwave, add the beef to a microwave-safe pan. Once you have done so, add the meat to the microwave for one minute and 30 seconds. After that, your food should be good and warm. You can also use the oven. If you have any leftover juice, add that to the beef as well. Next, add the aluminum foil over the top of the oven-safe pan. Place the meat in a preheated oven of 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until the roast is warm.
Mississippi Pot Roast
- 4 LB Beef Roast
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Pack Ranch Dressing Mix
- 3-4 Pepperoncini Peppers
- 1 Gravy packet
- 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Season both sides of your roast with salt.4 LB Beef Roast
- Press sauté on the instant post and allow the vegetable oil and butter to heat up.2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil, 1 Stick Butter
- Add in your roast. Allow to sear for 5 minutes on each side
- Next, add beef broth, peppers, packets, and butter.1 Pack Ranch Dressing Mix, 1 Gravy packet, 1/2 Cup Beef Broth, 3-4 Pepperoncini Peppers
- Place the lid onto the instant pot.
- Set the timer for 60 minutes on high.
- When the button pops up on the instant pot, you are done. Season to taste.1/4 Teaspoon Salt, 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper, 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder