Crispy baked cod fish served over a bed of pasta with a drizzle of Cajun Alfredo sauce! Whew, doesn’t that sound good? I’m telling you that this is a foolproof recipe. This oven-baked cod fish can be finished and on the table within minutes. The entire family will love this easy weeknight dinner!
What Is Cod Fish?
I like to think of cod fish as a popular lean protein fish low in fat and calories and somewhat of a firm white flesh. This fish is very versatile. It can be pan-fried, grilled, smoked, baked, or poached.
Why You Should Recreate This Recipe?
- Easy and delicious- These cod fillets are simple to throw together. You only need your seasoning and some olive oil, and are on your way to a delicious dinner!
- Healthy- This crispy baked cod is filled with protein and is worth trying, especially if you want a healthy recipe.
- Tender- Who doesn’t love a tender piece of oven-baked cod? This one is cooked at 385 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes. Nothing more, nothing less. Cooking longer can ruin the texture.
Grocery Store List
Cod Lion- These fresh fish fillets are perfect for a fish dinner on the table quickly on those busy weeknights. Trust me when I say that the whole family will appreciate it.
Olive Oil- Simple ingredients like olive oil help the seasonings stick to the cod filets.
Butter- adds much flavor.
Lemon Wedges- This will keep your fish dinner less fishy if that makes sense.
Seasonings- Garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
How To Make Crispy Baked Cod?
- If you are making the full dinner, cook your pasta until al dente and prepare the sauce listed here. If you only want the oven-baked cod. Skip this step.
- If your cod is frozen, please let it thaw completely before baking.
- Next, preheat your oven to 385 degrees F.
- To a baking dish, add cod and drizzle with olive oil.
- Gently rub in all of your seasonings.
- Chop your lemon into circle pieces and place the lemon slices onto the cod.
- Next, place your baked cod into the preheated oven and allow it to bake for a cooking time of 10-12 minutes or until the fish becomes flaky when touched with a fork.
How To Store Crispy Baked Cod?
You can wrap it tightly in plastic so no air can get into it. This will keep your cod fresh. You can also use an airtight container.
- Parmesan baked cod with added Parmesan cheese is a great way to add flavor to your healthy baked cod recipe.
- Add fresh garlic to your pieces of cod. This is the perfect combination to add fresh flavor to your tender cod.
- Lemon panko cod is always an option. Try adding panko breadcrumbs and sliced lemons to your simple baked cod recipe. You will end up with the perfect lemon-crusted cod.
Let’s say that you are not a fan of pasta. Then, make your recipe low-carb by removing the pasta and adding something like cauliflower rice. That’s always a good option.
How long can cod last in the refrigerator?
3 to 4 days is recommended when refrigerating.
What temperature is cod baked at?
Any temperature between 385 to 400 degrees is recommended to bake cod fillets. The key to this easy-baked cod recipe is the seasonings and the time you allow the fish to stay in the oven. You always want to end up with flaky fish.
What is the best cooking technique for cod?
Cod has a few different cooking methods that you can use(baking, grilling, pan frying, and poaching. I wouldn’t call one of those methods better than the other. It’s your personal preference.
Is Cod a good fish to fry?
Yes, cod is great for frying. It has great flavor and a mild white fish with a flaky texture, which makes it perfect for frying. When fried, cod becomes crispy on the outside while remaining tender and moist on the inside. It is often used in recipes like fish and chips, where the fish is coated in batter or breadcrumbs and deep-fried.
These fish fillets are a perfect healthy weeknight meal. Some of the best-baked cod recipes can be enjoyed with a glass of white wine and pasta.
Well, until next time, folks.
Crispy Baked Cod with Cream Sauce
- 4 Cod fillets
- 1 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 Lemon Slices
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pasta Noodles Optional
- Cajun Sauce Optional
- If your cod is frozen, make sure to thaw it completely before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 385 degrees F (196 degrees C).
- Place the cod fillets in a baking dish and lightly drizzle them with olive oil.4 Cod fillets, 1 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Gently rub in the Cajun seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper onto the cod fillets.1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning, 1 Teaspoon Onion powder, 1 Tablespoon Garlic powder, Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop the lemon into circle pieces and place them onto the cod fillets.4 Lemon Slices
- Place the baking dish with the cod into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the fish becomes flaky when touched with a fork.
- If you're making a full dinner, you can cook your pasta until al dente and prepare your sauce while the cod is baking. Enjoy your meal!Cajun Sauce, Pasta Noodles