This sweet n sour crispy chicken sandwich is so delicious. The flavor from the sweet n sour sauce mixed with that crunchy buttermilk chicken is definitely a recipe you would want to share with your family! This recipe is definitely one to write down in your book of recipes.
What type chicken do I use for a chicken sandwich?
In this recipe, I used chicken breast. Although, I didn’t use the thin chicken breast. I used the thicker chicken breast. I did this so that I could have a nice, full, and juicy chicken sandwich.
How to make fried chicken breast?
For this recipe, I went the buttermilk route. This route is simple. I gathered all my ingredients together. The seasonings were paprika, pepper, seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and dry parsley. I mixed all of those seasonings into all-purpose flour. Once I did that I added the clean chicken breast into buttermilk. I then added the chicken into the flour. Lastly, I began frying the chicken.
What is the best oil to fry chicken in?
You can fry your chicken in just about any oil except olive oil. For this recipe, I used vegetable oil. You can also use canola oil, peanut oil, or corn oil. It’s completely up to you.
What type of sweet n sour do I use?
I didn’t make the sweet and sour sauce from scratch with this recipe but I do have a recipe that is delicious with this crispy sandwich. Another good quick and easy choice is just to purchase a bottle from the store. Lastly, I used Kikkoman sweet & sour. The link for the product will be below.
The toppings for chicken sandwich
You can use any kind of toppings for this sweet n sour crispy chicken sandwich. Lastly, I used mayonnaise, chopped lettuce, chopped red onions, cheese, and sweet n sour sauce.
Sweet n sour crispy chicken sandwich
- 1 pack Chicken breast
- 4 Toasted and buttered Brioche hamburger buns
- 1 Cup Sweet and sour sauce
- 1/2 Cup Red onions chopped
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 4 Sliced Tomato Optional
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Seasoning salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion powder
- 1 Tsp Dry parsley
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cups Vegetable Oil
Sweet and Sour sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- 2 Cups Granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Cup Relish Optional
- After you have cleaned your chicken, place chicken into a bowl and use half of every seasoning mentioned above to cover your chicken.
- Add buttermilk into a bowl and place the chicken into the buttermilk and let marinate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Add flour into a bowl then mix the remaining seasonings in the bowl.
- After the chicken has marinated. Place the chicken into the flour bowl. Make sure to cover all pieces of chicken with flour.
- In a pot orpreheat oil to 350 Fahrenheit and place the chicken in the pot but don’t overcrowd the pot with chicken. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes. Make sure to turn the chicken at about 15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and allow to drain for 10 minutes on a rack
- Butter and toast your bread lightly
Sweet and Sour sauce
- Turn pot on medium-high
- In pot add in ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Wisp all these ingredients together and drizzle the sauce over your chicken.
- Bring to a boil
- Build your chicken sandwich