Let me start off by saying one pot meals are my absolute favorite. This creamy Cajun chicken penne are so cheesy and not to mention the simplicity in this creamy pasta. It will take you all of 20 minutes to recreate this recipe.
Can I use any type of pasta for this recipe?
For this creamy pasta I used penne pasta. The reason I used penne pasta in this recipe is because I have found that it holds the Cajun sauce good. The sauce is thick, so I chose a heavier pasta. You are free to use any other type of pasta that you would like. Just make sure you don’t over cook the pasta and you should be good to go.
What type of chicken can I use to make this Cajun chicken recipe?
We all know there so many different types of chicken you can use. You have chicken thighs, chicken tenders, chicken wings, chicken legs, and whole chicken lol that’s a lot of chicken but you get my point. So, I used chicken breast to make this cajun penne recipe. Although, I don’t think it would be awful if you were to used chicken tenders. I’m confident when I say if you have the seasonings on the chicken correctly you shouldn’t have any issues with using chicken tenders. Other than tenders to substitute the chicken breast for this recipe I wouldn’t recommend.
How to make cajun chicken pasta?
To make this cajun chicken recipe you first need to start off by thoroughly cleaning your chicken and setting it off to the side. Once you have done that in another bowl add in your yogurt. To the yogurt add garlic paste, chili garlic sauce, black pepper, salt, paprika, lime juice, and Cajun seasoning. Mix all these ingredients together. Take the chicken and place into the mixture making sure every part of the chicken is covered. Sit in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 2 hours. This step is optional but is recommended. Turn your skillet on medium-low and add in olive oil. Next add in your chicken. Let cook until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
Secondly, once the chicken is done, take the chicken out of the pot and sit to the side. In the same pot add in your butter. Once the butter has melt add in your chopped onions, minced garlic, chili garlic sauce, tomato paste, and yellow bell pepper then stir. Thirdly, add in your heavy cream. Mix your water and cornstarch together then add into the heavy cream mixture and stir. Add in your Parmesan cheese, sharp cheddar cheese and begin to stir. Lastly, add black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning to the sauce and stir. Add in your cooked penne noodles then stir. Top with your cooked chopped chicken. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this creamy cajun chicken penne recipe then check out my one pan chicken and rice dinner.
Well, until next time folks…chow
The best Cajun Chicken Penne
- 3 Tbsp Yogurt
- 2 Tsp Garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1 Tsp Dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Black pepper to taste
Creamy Cajun sauce
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Penne noodles aldente
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp cornstarch
- 1 Pound Penne
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sharp shredded cheese
- 1/2 Cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 Cup Yellow bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp Chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tsp Tomato paste
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cajun seasoning
- Thoroughly clean your chicken
- In a bowl add in your yogurt
- Next add in the reminder of the chicken marinade ingredients list.
- Mix these ingredients together.
- Add in your chicken that is sitting to the side. Mix well
- Sit the chicken in fridge for 2 hours
- Turn your skillet on medium-low and add in olive oil.
- Next add in your chicken. Let cook until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
- Once the chicken is done, take the chicken out of the pot and sit to the side.
- In the same pot add in your butter. Once the butter has melt add in your chopped onions, minced garlic, chili garlic sauce, tomato paste, and yellow bell pepper then stir.
- Add in your heavy cream
- Mix your water and cornstarch together then add into the heavy cream mixture and stir.
- Add in your Parmesan cheese, sharp cheddar cheese and begin to stir. Lastly, add black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning to the sauce and stir. Add in your cooked penne noodles then stir.
- Garnish and enjoy