Baked Lobster Tails In Under 15 Minutes lather in a creamy garlic butter sauce coming your way! Cooking lobster tails is easy; they are ready to serve up in about 15 minutes! Don’t be intimidated by oven-baked lobster tails – they might look fancy, but they’re actually quite simple to prepare. This dish is perfect for impressing family and friends on a special occasion. You’ll definitely be the talk of the town when you present them with the perfectly baked lobster tail recipe, complete with a side of lemon wedges and topped with fresh parsley. It’s Well, enough of the talking. Let’s get down to making the best lobster tail recipe!
What Are Lobster Tails?
Baked lobster tails are the edible parts of a lobster that contain a fish type of meat. They are the end section of the lobster’s body, including the tail and the abdomen. Baked Lobster Tails In Under 15 Minutes are highly valued for their tender and flavorful meat, and they are commonly served as a delicacy in many cuisines and drinks, such as dry white wine. They can be prepared in various ways, such as grilling, broiling, baking, or steaming, and are often enjoyed with melted butter or other accompanying sauces. The great and easy way for me is in a high-heat oven, maybe around 375 degrees.
Ingredients For Baked Lobster Tails
- Lobster Tails– You can use frozen lobster tails or fresh lobster tails. Small lobster tails or larger lobster tail. If you are using frozen lobster, I have instructions on unthaw before the cooking method process. You can find lobster tails at your local grocery store or seafood market.
- Butter– You can use salted or unsalted butter. It’s your preference. Melted butter works best in this recipe.
- Parsley-The parsley is used to add a pop of color to these baked lobster tails and is also aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Oh, and let’s not forget the nutritional health benefits!
- Garlic Powder– Use garlic powder or minced garlic to ensure that you add a tremendous amount of robust flavor!
- Black Pepper– Add spice to your easy lobster tails recipe. If you aren’t a pepper fan, you can add a little or as much as you like.
- Salt- helps to enhance all of the flavors in this recipe. I also use salt to help tenderize the lobster tail meat.
- Lemon- This step is optional but is the best way for a pop of zest. I highly recommend it. You can use freshly squeezed lemons or lemon juice. Also, lemon juice helps with cutting any fish-like taste.
The complete list of ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.
How To Cook Baked Lobster Tail In Under 15 Minutes?
This lobster tail dinner is one of the easiest things you can cook! You need to take your lobster tails and season the meat with the abovementioned ingredients. I placed melted butter, parsley, and a pinch of salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Once you have done that use a pastry brush to apply the mixture onto the meat in the lobster tail. Then place in the oven for 15 minutes. There you have it!
Sharp kitchen shears
Prepared baking sheet
You can store them in an airtight container to ensure you still have a fresh delicious meal when ready.
Variations For Baked Lobster Tails In Under 15 Minutes
- Spicy– make these 3oz lobster tails Cajun style so you can enjoy them Louisiana style.
- Smoked lobster tails- If you get tired of this baked lobster tail recipe, try smoked lobster tails. If you have a smoker add them to the grill with the same ingredients listed above.
How to unthaw a lobster tail
Once you are ready to eat the lobster tail, take it out of the freezer and let sit out until it’s completely thawed. If you have a fresh lobster tail from a market, this doesn’t apply to you. If you want them to sit overnight, place them on ice, and you are good to go. Try not to freeze again unless you aren’t eating them right away. You want them as fresh as possible!
How to cut a lobster tail
Just by looking at the lobster shell, you probably would think to yourself. How in the heck I’m supposed to get into that thing? Lobster tails shells are so hard u would even compare them to somewhat of a turtle shell. Anywho, let me get to the point. The easiest way to cut a lobster tail is to get scissors, hold the lobster tail firmly in your hand with the tail facing away from you, and then cut in the middle underneath the shell. Once you have done that take a butter knife and separate the meat from the shell. Thoroughly wash afterward. Pull the meat out of the shell and place a lemon underneath the heart in the shell. That’s it!
How long will lobster tail last in the fridge?
Lobster tails can last in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
How To Clean Lobster Tails?
To clean lobster tails, you will need the following materials:
- Lobster tails
- Kitchen shears
- Cutting board
- Paper towels
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Butter (optional)
Here are the steps to clean lobster tails
- Start by placing the lobster tails on a cutting board. If you have frozen lobster tails, make sure to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before cleaning.
- Use kitchen shears to cut through the top shell of the lobster tail. Start at the open end and cut all the way to the tail. Be careful not to cut through the meat.
- Once you have cut through the top shell, use your fingers to pry the shell apart and expose the lobster meat gently. Hold onto the tail and pull the heart out of the shell, keeping it attached at the base.
- Gently rinse the lobster meat under cold water to remove dirt or debris. Pat it dry with paper towels.
- You can now season the lobster tails with salt, pepper, or other desired seasonings. You can also squeeze fresh lemon juice over the meat for added flavor.
- At this point, you can cook the lobster tails according to your preferred recipe. Standard cooking methods include grilling, broiling, baking, or steaming.
- If you plan to grill or broil the lobster tails, you can brush them with melted butter for added flavor. Simply melt some butter and brush it over the meat before cooking.
Remember always to carefully handle lobster tails, as the shells can be sharp. Enjoy your clean and delicious lobster tails!
How To Cut Lobster Tails?
Hold the lobster tail, pierce the shell at the top, cut along the natural curve, separate the halves, and remove the meat.
How to Butterfly a Lobster Tail?
Cut through the top of the shell lengthwise using kitchen shears, stopping at the tail fin. Gently spread the shell open, exposing the meat, and carefully lift it out of the shell. Keep the beef intact while butterflying the tail. There you have it butterflied lobster tails.
Also, if you enjoyed this quick and easy-baked lobster tails meal, check out this!
What to serve lobster tails with?
Looking for more lobster recipes for your family or date night? Don’t worry, I got you. Get ready to turn that stove to high heat and have a feast! Below you will find more lobster tails for the best results of your good times!
Baked Lobster Tails In Under 15 Minutes
- 2 Lobster tails
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F/176C
- Get a scissors, hold the lobster tail firmly in your hand with the tail facing away from you then cut in the middle underneath the shell
- Then take a butter knife and separate the meat from the shell
- Thoroughly wash lobster tails
- Place a lemon wedge inside the shell underneath the meat
- Place lobster onto cooking pan
- Melt butter into a small cup
- Mix in the parsley, black pepper, and salt
- Take a pastry brush and apply butter mixture over the meat
- Place in the oven on the top rack for 10-15 minutes
- Serve with melted butter and a lemon wedge