Crockpot Cube Steak is one of the juiciest and most tender pieces of meat you will ever eat. It’s seasoned up just right and then tossed into a fluffy bed of flour. This recipe can be served at any dinner table and will steal the show every single time. I don’t know about you, but I love a set-and-go recipe!
Why You Should Make
- Flavors are out of this world. The cube steak is being slowly cooked. The flavors all have a chance to work together, leaving you with one tasty meal!
- This slow cooker cube steak is extremely easy to make and can be paired with just about any side dish. You could imagine my garlic butter, string beans, and white rice.
- Making ahead of time is one great reason to make this recipe. You can place everything into the crockpot and let it cook while you or doing other things. We all know how busy life can get.
- Kids friendly-My kids love this recipe because it’s extremely good.
Hey there, so that you know, I collect a little commission on every item you purchase! It’s how I keep this fun-filled business of mine up and running. Thanks for your support. Learn more here.
When creating this crockpot cube steak recipe, my biggest concern was ensuring the ingredients were easy to find and versatile.
- Cube Steak- is the cut of the top of the tenderloin and can be found at any local grocery store.
- Onions- I used a sweet onion for this recipe; it gives the recipe a subtle hint of sweetness but not overpowering.
- Colorful Bell Peppers- The peppers are sweet and add flavor to this crockpot cube steak recipe.
- Flour- I used flour in this recipe to ensure the thickness of the gravy. The flour is also used as a base in making the gravy.
- Seasonings- I used a mixture of seasonings to give this recipe the perfect taste. The fun part about this crockpot cube steak recipe is that you can use my seasoning style. The seasonings in this recipe are to taste. So, ensure you taste this crockpot cube steak as you get toward the end of the recipe.
- Chicken Broth– You can use this chicken broth to help make the gravy in this crock pot cube steak recipe. You can also use a couple of packets of McCormick gravy. Follow the instructions on the pack and pour into the crockpot after.
How To Make Crockpot Cube Steak
Crockpot fajitas is another name I like to call them because the pepper in this recipe takes this crockpot cube steak to a gourmet meal level, but it’s quite simple and doesn’t take as much time to make.
(1)Clean- Wash and pat your meat dry. Remember this step is optional. We all know there is a debate but to each their own.
(2)Tenderize- gently pound the meat to an even thickness. If need be. Some cube steak comes out of the pack thin, so there is no need for tenderizing.
(3)Flour and Season –Begin seasoning your meat front to back. Next, coat your cube steak in flour. At this point, you can season your flour if you would like, but this step is optional. I must say it gives these cube steaks an extra taste of flavor.
(4)Stove Top-to a skillet, add olive oil and butter. Once the butter is melted, add in your chop onions and cube steak.
(5)Fry- Begin frying your cube steak on each side for 5 minutes. The onions will stick under the bottom. Move them around to get an even cooking of the meat on each side.
(6)Slow Cooker- Add chopped onions, cube steak, bell peppers, and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
(7)Low Setting- Cook the cube steak on a low setting for 5 1/2 hours or high at 3 1/2 hours. At the halfway mark, add seasoning to taste as needed. Place top back on and allow to cook for remainder time.
- Chicken-Now, I love that it’s very easy to add or remove with this recipe. You can substitute the cube steak with chicken.
- Turkey Chops- Another great option if you don’t prefer lean chicken or cube steak. There are always turkey chops.
- Turkey Wings- You can easily make this recipe into crockpot turkey wings. The versatility in this recipe is endless.
- Veggies- Add or take away from this recipe. Add more onions and peppers, or toss some mushrooms to jazz it up.
- Spinach- Add a handful of flavors to bring in even more veggies.
- Gravy Packets– If you want to take this crock pot cube steak to the next level, add McCormick gravy packets. Follow the instructions on the back after pouring into the crockpot.
Equipment For Crockpot Cube Steak
You will need a few simple pieces of equipment to prepare this recipe for cube steaks in a crock pot.
- Utensils- You will need utensils (fork and knife) to eat your cube steak and a pair of tongs to help flip the meat in the pot when sautéing.
- Crockpot/Slow Cooker– Here is the star of the show. This is the main piece of equipment you will need. I used a Ninja 8.5 quart slow cooker.
- Skillet–You will also need a sturdy skillet or frying pan to cook the steak. A pair of tongs will help flip and move the steak around in the pan.
- One way to prevent the flour mixture from making a mess during the dredging process is to use a shallow dish or bowl for the flour mixture instead of a deep one. This will allow you to coat the cube steaks without accidentally spilling the flour mixture.
What Sides to Serve with Crockpot Cube Steak
- String Beans– Pairs extremely well with this crock pot cube steak.
- Broccoli- A side of broccoli is great, especially if you want a lean and healthy meal. Plus, it tastes amazing.
- White Rice– White rice pairs perfectly with this crockpot cube steak. The gravy and the rice complement one another. Giving it the ultimate comfort food taste.
- Southern Cabbage– Another awesome side you will want to pair this cube steak with. I always have steak along with rice and cabbage.
- Macaroni is a great addition to this recipe, especially if you are having Sunday dinner. The combination is mind-blowing!
Well, until next time, folks.
Crockpot Cube Steak With Gravy
- Slow Cooker
- 4 to 5 Pieces Cube Steak
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoning Salt To your liking
- 1 Tablespoons Garlic Powder To your liking
- 1/2 Tablespoons Ground Black Pepper To your liking
- 1 1/2 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil As needed
- 1 Tablespoons Butter
- To a bowl, add cube steak.4 to 5 Pieces Cube Steak
- Begin seasoning your meat front to back.1 Tablespoon Seasoning Salt, 1 Tablespoons Garlic Powder, 1/2 Tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
- Next, coat your cube steak in flour, front and back.1/2 Cup Flour
- To a medium-temperature skillet, add olive oil and butter. Once the butter is melted, add in your 1/2 chop onions and cube steak.1 Tablespoons Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoons Butter, 1 Large Onion
- Add the chopped onions and cube steak to the slow cooker, along with the remaining chopped onion along with, bell peppers, and chicken broth.1 Red Bell Pepper, 1 Green Bell Pepper, 1 1/2 32 oz Chicken Broth, 1 Large Onion
- Cook on low setting for 5 1/2 hours or high for 3 1/2 hours. At the halfway mark, begin seasoning to taste as needed. Place top back on and allow to cook for remainder time.
- Serve with your favorite sides, such as white rice with green beans.