This easy baked spaghetti recipe is so delicious and filled with some amazing seasonings giving this recipe mouth-watering flavor. I’ve made this recipe several times and I would have to say this is the best-baked spaghetti I have ever tasted. Enough of the small talk. Let’s get to creating the perfect baked spaghetti and cheese.
What type of noodles to use in spaghetti?
For this baked spaghetti recipe, I used regular spaghetti noodles. I have seen some substitute regular pasta noodles for noodles that are a little more on the healthier side. Noodles like red lentil spaghetti or chicken pea. I have also seen some others use penne pasta for their spaghetti. It is all completely up to you. Also, some people make their pasta from scratch. This method could be a lot more time-consuming.
What type of sauce to use for this recipe?
Again, I know others may make their spaghetti sauce from scratch. I have done so but again that wouldn’t be the fastest way to get dinner on the table. I used regular pasta out of the jar for this delicious recipe! It can taste just as good as homemade spaghetti.
What can go inside my baked spaghetti?
You can just add onions to your ground beef when cooking or you can add in the full works. Fresh garlic, bell peppers, and onions. It’s completely up to you. I only add onions to my ground beef along with different types of seasoning.
How to make baked spaghetti?
To make this recipe the only thing you will need to do is first begin to boil your noodles until al dente. Once you have done so you can add about 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a pan. Next, add in your chopped onions. Once your onions have a slight brown color to them add in your fresh ground beef. Allow the ground beef to cook medium-high until brown. Make sure you don’t walk away from the stove because ground beef does cook fast. Once, the spaghetti meat has begun to brown add in all your seasonings. Garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and a bit of seasoning salt.
After, the meat is fully cooked add in your spaghetti sauce and allow to simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes. Once you have done this you can remove the spaghetti meat sauce from the stove. In a baking dish add ½ cup of your sauce to the bottom.
Next, add in the spaghetti noodles then the cheese (mozzarella, and sharp shredded cheese). Continue this pattern. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and allow to bake until the cheese is lightly browned on the top. There you have it!
If you enjoyed this recipe then you will love to add my honey butter biscuits to the side of this delicious baked spaghetti dish or my buttermilk fried chicken.
Well, until next time folks.
The Best Baked Spaghetti
- 1 16 ounce Spaghetti noodles
- 1 Lb Ground beef
- 1 Medium Sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Seasoning salt
- 1 Tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground black pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup Sharp shredded cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- Cook your noodles until Al dente and set to the side
- Turn stove on medium-high
- In a pan add in add in 1 tsp of olive oil
- Once the olive oil begin to get hot add in your chopped onions
- once the onions become slightly brown add in your ground beef
- Take a spatula and began separating the ground beef
- Allow to cook until the ground beef begins to brown
- Next add in your seasonings(seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning)
- Stir the seasonings into the ground beef well
- Add in your spaghetti sauce and stir.
- Sprinkle your sugar in the meat sauce
- Allow the sauce to cook in for about 10 minutes
- Remove the meat sauce from the stove
- In a baking dish add your meat sauce to the bottom of the pan
- Next add about a handful of spaghetti to the dish
- Sprinkle some cheese over the noodles
- Add some of your meat over the cheese
- Continue to repeat these steps until you have no more of the meat sauce, noodles and cheese. Make sure there is enough cheese to sprinkle over the top
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Place aluminum foil on top of the spaghetti and place into the oven and allow to bake for about 35 minutes
- Take the baked spaghetti out of the oven and remove aluminum foil then place back into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy