Air fryer clams is one of those recipes that you can whip up and have on the table in a few minutes. Talk about a plate of delicious flavors. This recipe takes about 15 minutes. Just wait until you see that beautiful golden brown color! Any seafood lover would love this tasty snack! No more standing up over the stove and waiting for hours. Enough said. Southern Air Fried clams coming right up!!
Clams are shellfish that live in the ocean. They have a hard shell and a soft body inside. Clams eat by filtering tiny particles from the water. Here in Charleston, South Carolina, you can dig for fresh clams at a certain time of year. You will only need a fresh water fishing license. In addition, clams can bury themselves in the sand or mud to stay safe. Clams help keep the ocean clean by filtering water and they are also food for other animals. Clams are a Southern delicacy here in the South.
Baby Clams- You can use clams that are still in the soft shell or you can use the baby clams that come already pre-shelled.I would recommend the pre-shelled clams that come in the can for the best results.
Olive Oil- Using olive oil ensures that the seasonings will stick well onto the air fryer clam. You want to make sure that you're not skipping this step because the seasoning is a must for this delicious air fryer meal. 😊
All Purpose Flour- This will aid in giving these
Seasonings- Honestly you can use any seasonings of your choice. Fresh herbs like thyme, creole seasoning, and cayenne pepper is a great way to start. I used garlic powder, salt, and a little bit of creole seasoning.
A full list of ingredients can be found in the recipe card below!
1. First, you want to preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees f. Next, rinse your clams thoroughly under cold water to remove any dirt or sand.
2. In addition, discard any clams that are cracked or open. This is for fresh out of the water clams if they are store-bought refer back to step 1.
3. Next, in a large bowl add your clams and pat them dry with paper towels, combine the clams with a drizzle of olive oil and seasonings (garlic powder, creole seasoning and flour. Now toss the clams until they are evenly coated.
4. Place the coated clams in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overcrowded. If necessary, cook them in batches. Lightly spray the clams with cooking oil spray to help them brown and crisp up.
6. Cook the clams in the air fryer for about 6-8 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Flip them halfway through cooking to ensure even browning. Once cooked, carefully remove the clams from the air fryer using tongs or a slotted spoon. Be cautious as they will be hot.
The main thing you will need in this recipe is an air fryer. This will ensure that you have the best results when air frying your clams. You can opt to use a air fryer convection oven or a regular air fryer.
You can store these air fryer clams in an airtight container. So, that they can hold their freshness for a longer time. You can store cooked whole belly clam for up to 3 to 4 days.
Clams typically come in various shades of white, cream, beige, and gray. However, there are also some species of clams that have colorful shells, such as the purple varnish clam or the sunrise clam, which have purple and orange hues respectively.
Clam strips are a type of seafood dish made from the meat of clams. The meat is typically sliced into thin strips, breaded or battered, and then deep-fried until crispy. This results in a popular appetizer or main dish commonly found in seafood restaurants. Clam strips are often served with dipping sauces such as tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
Clam bites are another type of seafood dish made from clams. Instead of being sliced into thin strips, the clam meat is typically chopped into smaller, bite-sized pieces. These pieces are then breaded or battered and fried until golden and crispy. Clam bites are similar to clam strips but are smaller in size, making them easier to eat as finger food or appetizers. They can also be served with dipping sauces like tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
Note: It's important to ensure that the fried clams are fresh and properly cleaned before cooking. Also, be cautious not to overcook the clams as they can become tough and rubbery.
In conclusion, if you are looking for more seafood air fryer recipes with natural flavor like these whole belly clams for your entire family with a similar great taste that will have your taste buds running wild. Check out my seafood feast. I promise this will be an excellent choice for your family gatherings
Last Updated on August 9, 2023 by Ronalyn Alston | Published: July 25, 2023
July 25, 2023