5 ingredient enchiladas are a delicious Mexican dish with only five main ingredients. In return, it makes this an easy and quick way to enjoy the spicy signature flavors without a long ingredient list or complicated preparation process. By gathering five simple ingredients, this meal can make a flavorful and filling meal that your whole family will enjoy!
Why will you adore these 5 ingredient enchiladas?
Quick and Easy- You will love this 5-ingredient enchilada casserole recipe for multiple reasons. It’s incredibly straightforward. The prep time is less than 5 minutes. It’s just five main ingredients required for this simple recipe. This satisfying meal can be ready on your table in minutes. This dish is ideal for easy dinner ideas and busy nights when you need something delicious but a quickly prepared meal!
Versatile- This recipe is highly adaptable. You can quickly adapt it to suit your personal preferences by adding extra ingredients or toppings. No matter if it’s chicken, beef, or vegetarian enchiladas that suit you best. This 5 ingredient enchiladas dish can accommodate.
Budget-friendly- this 5-ingredient enchilada recipe is again an easy way and is also budget-friendly. All the ingredients can be found quickly and at an affordable cost, providing an economical way to enjoy flavorful and fulfilling meals without breaking the bank!
Ingredients for 5 ingredient Enchiladas
Shredded Cheese adds a creamy and savory taste to Mexican food.
Shredded chicken is an iconic filling for enchiladas. Not only does it provide additional protein and substance to make the meal more filling, but its savory taste pairs beautifully with other ingredients in your enchilada dish.
Soft Tortillas-Flour or corn tortillas can be used to craft delicious enchiladas. Their soft yet sturdy base binds everything together while absorbing flavors from sauce and filling, creating an irresistibly tasty dish!
Cream Cheese adds an irresistibly creamy and tart element to enchiladas, upping their richness while providing velvety textures for fillings and binding ingredients together in delicious ways.
Salsa adds an unexpectedly flavorful punch to enchiladas, providing a tangy and spicy edge that pairs beautifully with all of the other ingredients. You can choose either mild or hot salsa, depending on your personal preferences.
How To Make 5 Ingredient Enchiladas?
1. Firstly, preheat oven to 375 degrees! Mix your chicken breasts, cream cheese, and about a tablespoon of cheese or 1 cup of cheese and enchilada sauce. You can add a lot of cheese if you like. Mix everything up until combined.
2. Next, add about 1/2 cup of the mixture to the center of each tortilla.
3. Secondly, spread a small amount of chunky salsa to the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Roll your tortillas up tightly with the long ways roll technique, add a nonstick spray to baking dish and place tortilla rolls in. Repeat this step.
5. Spread the remaining red enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Next, sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
6. Place in oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cook until the cheese has melted and becomes slightly golden brown.
7. In addition, remove and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy! your perfect enchilada
Variations on 5-ingredient enchiladas
Beef Enchiladas have is an alternative flavor profile; switch out the chicken for lean ground beef or turkey. Brown the ground meat over medium heat before filling your enchiladas with it.
Vegetarian Enchiladas- Also, you can switch out the shredded chicken for black beans, corn, and diced bell peppers for an impressive vegetarian-friendly dish. Sauteed onions and garlic add extra depth of flavor!
Cheese Enchiladas- Create delicious cheese-filled enchiladas without using protein filling, using various kinds of shredded cheese such as Colby jack, cheddar, and Monterey jack for an irresistibly creamy and satisfying dish!
Beef- You could also opt for beef, pork, or rotisserie chicken as an alternative to shredded chicken for increased convenience.
Greek Yogurt- In addition, if you don’t have cream cheese on hand, you can use sour cream or Greek yogurt to make an ideal replacement to create a tart and creamy filling for this recipe.
Spicy Salsa- So, for added heat, try topping your filling with spicy hot salsa or diced green chiles for added spice.
Wheat Tortillas- Also,for a healthier alternative, use whole wheat tortillas or low-carb tortillas.
Large skillet- If you are using any substitutions that I mentioned. When making various ground meat dishes or sauteing veggies, a large skillet must sear off and brown the ground meat and saute vegetables accordingly.
Baking Dish– Also, using a baking dish allows you to neatly arrange and serve enchiladas in an even layer, making them easier to serve and portion.
To safely store leftover 5-ingredient enchiladas, allow them to cool for 30 minutes, after which time wrap each enchilada in either foil or plastic wrap and place in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag, removing as much air as possible. Label and date this container or bag before freezing for 2 or 3 months.
How can I reheat chicken enchiladas in an air fryer?
Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees, place them in air fryer basket and reheat for 5-7 minutes before removing and serving.
How long should Enchiladas Be Cooked at 350 F?
At 350 degrees in an oven, enchiladas should typically take 20-25 minutes until all the cheese has melted and thoroughly heated through.
Are enchiladas gluten-free?
Firstly, enchiladas can be made gluten-free if all the ingredients used, including tortillas, fillings, and sauces used in their creation, are entirely gluten-free. Secondly, traditional enchiladas usually utilize corn tortillas, which naturally don’t contain gluten.
What are the calories in Enchiladas?
Calories in enchiladas depend on both ingredients and portion size. Also, on average, one serving of enchilada ranges between 200 and 400 calories.
Lastly, this is one great recipe that you will definitely make repeatedly. I think it has been the easiest recipe I’ve made thus far. Well, until next time.
5 Ingredient Enchiladas…Quick and Easy To Make
- 8 to 10 Soft Tortillas
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken (Precooked) I used store bought rotisserie chicken
- 1 Can Red Enchilada Sauce Mild or Any Sauce You Like 1 Cup of 19oz
- 1/2 Cream Cheese 1/2 of 8oz
- 1 Bag Shredded Cheese Taco blend or Sharp Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix your chicken breast, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons red enchilada sauce and 1 cup of cheese. Mix everything up until combined.2 Cups Shredded Chicken, 1 Can Red Enchilada Sauce Mild or Any Sauce You Like, 1/2 Cream Cheese, 1 Bag Shredded Cheese
- Next, add about 1/2 cup of the mixture to the center of each tortilla.
- Spread a small amount of chunky salsa to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Roll your tortillas up tightly with the long ways roll technique, add a nonstick spray to baking dish and place tortilla rolls in. Repeat the rolling tortilla step until done.
- Spread the remaining red enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Remember not the entire can. Next, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven to bake for 15 minutes. Cook until the cheese has melted and becomes slightly golden brown.
- Lastly, remove and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or jalapeño’s . Enjoy!