How to make delicious beef stew? If that’s a question you’re asking. Look no further. I’ve got your back. This easy beef stew recipe is one of a kind. It’s having so many mind-blowing flavors. This stew recipe will become one of your favorite dishes to make. Without further ado let’s jump into this recipe.
What ingredients do you need for this easy beef stew?
The ingredient for this recipe is extremely easy and maybe even in your pantry. The ingredient for this recipe is simple and none of them should be hard to find if you don’t have them. If you don’t like the red wine that is in this recipe, then you can replace the wine with water. The only suggestion I would have would be to make sure you are up to your seasonings.
How to cook beef stew?
To cook this delicious beef stew recipe all you need is one pot and the ingredients! That’s it’s my people.
Preheat your cast iron Dutch pan to medium-high.
1. Cut your beef into bite-sized pieces and place it in a bowl
2. Generously season your meat
3. To your pot add your olive oil.
4. Once your olive oil begins to sizzle you need to go ahead and add in your seasoned beef, making sure not to overcrowd the pot with the meat.
5. Brown all sides of your stew beef and remove it from the pot. Repeat these steps for any remaining beef. Add extra olive oil if need be.
6. Remove your beef from the pot and set it on the side
7. Add in your onions, garlic and, carrots then allow to cook until they begin to soften. Stirring occasionally.
8. Sprinkle in your flour and stir for 2 minutes or until flour dissolved
9. Next, add in your red wine & tomato paste and stir until combined
10. To the pot add your beef broth and stir.
11. Lastly, place your stew beef and potatoes into the pot.
11. Season to taste and add in your bay leaf and thyme
12. Place a lid over your pot and cook on medium-low for 2 ½ hours
What can I pair this easy beef stew with?
You can pair this southern stew beef with rice! Trust me that is all you need. Then again. This recipe is so good you don’t even need the rice. It can be eaten by itself. You can also eat this stew beef recipe with my delicious cornbread as well.
Can I substitute the flour in this recipe?
Yes, you can substitute flour. You can substitute your flour with cornstarch. The only thing you will need to do is to add a ½ cup of water to a cup then add 1 Teaspoon cornstarch and mix. Now, add that in the place of the flour. That’s it!
If you tried this recipe and loved it as much as I don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram at @ronalyntalston.com!
April 18, 2022