Keto taco sauce made with real tomatoes perfectly combines your keto fish tacos. This low-carb awesome sauce will for sure please your keto diet. This homemade taco sauce will definitely remind me of creamy sriracha sauce!
What Is Keto Taco Sauce?
It’s is a low-carb and keto-friendly sauce perfect for adding fish tacos, quesadillas, keto salad, keto tacos, and any Mexican-inspired dishes.
Grocery Store List Ingredients For Keto Sauce
- Tomatoes- This keto sauce isn’t complete without fresh ripe tomatoes, one of the main ingredients when making your taco sauce.
- Organic Onion- Good food should always have an onion. Having onions helps eliminate unhealthy ingredients that are found in non-keto recipes.
- Minced Garlic– is a great addition worth having in your keto sauce.
- Organic Lime Juice- An optional step, but it helps to cut the sweetness from the tomatoes, which helps balance your ketogenic diet.
- Olive Oil- The perfect combination when added to keto taco sauce.
- Seasonings- Chili powder, organic cumin powder, organic cayenne powder, black pepper, paprika, sea salt, taco casserole, and organic garlic powder.
How To Make?
- To a medium-high heat skillet, add the olive oil.
- Next, add your chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the skillet and cook to soften.
- Now, add the seasonings and stir.
- Reduce the stove to low and simmer the sauce for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
7. Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Mix Things up
- Add tiny pieces of green bell pepper to give your keto taco sauce medium heat, just like Taco Bell.
How To Store?
This awesome sauce is the perfect recipe to place in an airtight container like a mason jar.
Adding this to your favorite tacos is definitely gonna be a plus. The simple ingredients make this somewhat creamy sriracha sauce, which makes being on a ketogenic diet a plus.
Keto Taco Sauce
- 3 medium-sized Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Pinch Cayenne Powder
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Pinch Cumin
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until they become fragrant and translucent.1/2 Cup Onion, 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Add the diced tomatoes to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, until they start to soften.3 medium-sized Tomatoes
- Stir in the seasonings.1/2 teaspoon Chili powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, Pinch Cayenne Powder, Pinch Sea Salt, Pinch Black Pepper, Pinch Cumin
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 10-15 minutes, or until the tomatoes have fully softened and the flavors have melded together.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the sauce cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Transfer the keto taco sauce to a jar or container and refrigerate until ready to use.