Air Fryer Salmon Bites....If you're looking for a delicious and healthy dish, try making crispy air-fried salmon bites. These bites are not only tasty but also packed with essential fatty acids. Whether you have salmon cubes or filets, this recipe works well. Mix black pepper, sesame seeds, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl to add flavor. Cut the salmon into bite-sized chunks, pat them dry with paper towels, and lightly coat them with cooking spray. Cook them in the air fryer until they reach the perfect internal temperature. Garnish with fresh green onions, and you'll have an easy weeknight dinner that will impress you. Remember to jot down this recipe on a handy recipe card for future cravings.
I know you probably like salmon bites. Lol. You can also call them salmon nuggets if you like. Here in South Carolina, we love calling them that. They are a piece of salmon cut into small, bite-sized pieces and coated in a seasoned or breaded before being cooked. I enjoy them with some fresh cucumbers or my parmesan-roasted broccoli.
They are also similar in appearance to chicken nuggets or fish sticks but are made specifically from salmon.
Salmon- I used a fresh cut of Alaskan salmon. You can use whatever cut of salmon you would like.
Butter- Salted melted butter is fine in this recipe, but you can also use unsalted butter if that’s your preference.
Seasonings- Now, here is what I love about these salmon bites in the air fryer. You can use whatever seasonings you would like!
Believe it or not, this recipe is one of those I can’t believe tastes that good with hardly any effort type of recipes. Here are the steps below.
Preheat— The air fryer should be preheated before the salmon bites enter the air fryer. The preheating step is essential for this recipe.
Cut Salmon- Cut your salmon into bite-sized pieces.
Melted Butter- Melt your butter in a bowl. Next, add in all of your seasonings and mix well. Brush the mixture onto the salmon.
Air Fryer- Pop in the air fryer, ensuring the salmon bites are not on top of one another. Cook Time- Generally, it is recommended to air fry salmon bites at 375°F for 8-10 minutes, making sure to flip them over halfway through cooking. Once the salmon becomes flaky, it's done.
Serve- You can serve them with my honey hot sauce. The sauce is a bit spicy, but you can always do yum yum sauce or any sauce if you don't like spicy. I enjoyed my salmon bites with yummy sauce and Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend.
Lemon Juice- l love the bitter taste of lemon juice. I squeezed a small amount over the top of the salmon to prevent the fishy-like taste.
An air fryer is the star of the show. It’s perfect for cooking salmon in minutes without much fuss. You will also need a few kitchen utensils like a knife and fork.
The optimal cooking time for salmon bites in an air fryer will depend on several factors, including the size and thickness of the bites and the desired level of doneness. It is recommended to air fry salmon bites at 375°F for 8-10 minutes.
The best temperature for cooking salmon depends on the cooking method and personal preference. For example, if you are grilling salmon, a good temperature range is 125°F to 140°F (52°C to 60°C). If you are baking salmon, a temperature between 350°F to 400°F (177°C to 204°C) is recommended.
Yes, salmon should be flipped in an air fryer for even cooking. This is because the heating element in an air fryer is located at the top of the appliance, which means that the top of the salmon will cook faster than the bottom if it is not flipped.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the salmon, which should be around 145°F (63°C) for cooked salmon.
- Serve the crispy salmon bites as a main dish with a creamy sauce or as an appetizer with a dipping sauce.
- Experiment with different flavors by adding lime juice, lemon juice, or maple syrup to the marinade for best results.
- Try different types of salmon, such as Atlantic salmon or wild salmon, to vary the taste.
- Season the salmon bites with simple seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, or cajun seasoning.
- For a teriyaki flavor, brush the salmon bites with a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil before cooking.
- Enjoy the salmon bites with a side of brown rice and steamed vegetables for a complete and healthy meal.
- If you prefer skinless salmon fillets, you can still achieve crispy results in the air fryer by following the same cooking time and temperature.
- Make a spicy sauce by combining mayonnaise, hot sauce, and fresh garlic to serve with the salmon bites.
- For a quick meal, cook the salmon bites for less time to keep them moist and tender.
- Use simple ingredients like coconut aminos or avocado oil for a healthier twist on the recipe.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray to ensure an even layer and prevent sticking.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket to allow proper air circulation and achieve crispy results.
- Find easy air fryer salmon recipes and other delicious salmon recipes online or at your local grocery store.
- Let the salmon come to room temperature before cooking for even cooking and better flavor.
- Cooked salmon bites can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days and enjoyed as leftovers.
- Serve the salmon bites as air fryer salmon nuggets for a fun twist that the whole family will love.
- Create a quick and flavorful dipping sauce using ingredients like sweet chili sauce or spicy mayo.
- For a sweeter taste, add a touch of maple syrup to the marinade mixture.
- If you prefer a tender salmon texture, cook the salmon bites for a shorter cook time.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl for easy preparation.
- Try different sauces and seasonings to find your new favorite way to enjoy air fryer salmon.
- Enjoy the versatility of air fryer salmon by using it as the main ingredient in a variety of dishes, from salads to grain bowls.
- Pair the salmon bites with a side of brown rice for a delicious and healthy meal option.
Air fryer salmon bites are often considered a healthier alternative to traditional fried foods because they are high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, linked to various health benefits, such as reducing inflammation and improving heart health. So, making this meal won’t only be easy on your time but also your health.
Well, until next time, folks!
Last Updated on September 7, 2023 by Ronalyn Alston | Published: April 3, 2023
April 3, 2023