These quick and easy vegetable egg rolls are so delicious and easy to make. Not to mention how quick they are to prepare. They are the perfect combination of crispy on the outside and crunchy on the inside. These vegetable egg rolls are filled with shredded carrots, chopped onions, cabbage, and rice noodles. Come along with me so you can learn how to prepare them.
How do I make these homemade egg rolls?
Again, making this recipe is so quick and easy. The first thing you will need to do is prepare your ingredients. The egg roll wrappers, chopped carrots, cabbage, onions, and rice noodles. Firstly, you need to boil some water. Then place the rice noodles into a bowl and add the hot water. Doing this will soften the noodles. Next, preheat some oil in a pan and add in your onions and carrots. Allow them to cook for about 10 minutes then add in your cabbage.
Let the cabbage, carrots, and onions cook to your desired texture. I personally like my cabbage a little crunchy. Don’t forget to add your salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Secondly, mix all these ingredients into the bowl with the rice noodles. Lastly, add a tablespoon of ingredients into the egg roll wrappers and close. Preheat your pan with oil and begin to deep-fry your egg rolls. Take them out of the oil and allow them to cook for about 15 minutes.
What kind of egg roll wrapper do I use?
I have tried both egg roll wrappers. There are the refrigerated wrappers and then there are the frozen wrappers. I used the refrigerated wrappers, and the texture was thicker and have a bubble-type texture. These are the ones that are in the restaurants. I also used the frozen wrappers, and the texture was smooth and they came out thin. I would probably suggest the refrigerated wrappers over the frozen wrappers. You can find them at your local grocery store or at an Asian market.
Can I add meat into this egg roll recipe?
You definitely can add meat to this recipe! You can go anywhere from chicken to pork. The only thing you would need to do is cook the meat along with the other ingredients.
Can I refrigerate these vegetable egg rolls?
You can freeze the egg rolls after you have cooked them. Just place them into a zip lock bag and take it out when ready. I place them in the oven at 375 degrees until they are crispy. They last in the refrigerator for about 2 ½ months.
What type of sauce do I eat with egg rolls?
You can enjoy these egg rolls with yum yum sauce or with sweet chili sauce.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you will love this honey Garlic chicken stir fry.
Well until next time folks!
Quick and Easy Vegetable Egg Rolls
- 1 Pack Egg roll wrappers refrigerated
- 2 Oz Rice noodles
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 2 Carrots Shredded
- 2 Cups Cabbage chopped
- 2 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil for frying egg rolls
- 1 Tsp Vegetable Oil for frying onions, carrots and cabbage
- 1 Egg for sealing egg roll wrappers
- Boil a pot of water and add in your rice noodles in a bowl.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then take fork and break noodles apart
- In a pan add in oil on medium-high then add in onions, carrots, and cabbage.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until it’s at your desired consistency.
- Next, add the mixture from the pan into your rice noodles.
- Add your sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder then mix together.
- Grab your egg roll wrapper and place a tablespoon of the mixture in the wrapper.
- Fold the ingredients inside the egg roll then seal with the egg wash.
- Preheat your pot with vegetable oil to medium-low(350 degrees). Don’t overcrowd the pot with egg rolls. Only 4 to 6 at a time.
- Fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until Golden brown. Allow to rest on a napkin for 15 minutes and enjoy with sauce!