This chicken and rice stuffed zucchini recipe is so delicious and filled with such a unique flavor. You will love it. It’s the perfect crunchiness mixed with the perfect moist rice and chicken. Isn’t that the best combination? It’s not just simple rice and chicken. The rice is so sweet and satisfying. Well enough of bragging on this recipe. Let’s get to making it!
How do I make the zucchini boats?
Well, making the zucchini boats is so simple. The only thing you would need is a zucchini corer, but if you don’t have that lying around. Just use a knife and a spoon to cut the seeds out. Be careful and gentle because you don’t want to snap the zucchini in half.
What type of chicken do I use?
For this particular recipe, I used chicken tenders. I also have used chicken breast before. Once I chopped the chicken tenders up into small pieces. I do this so that it will fit into the zucchini boat but I don’t cut the chicken so small until the chicken isn’t even enjoyable.
What type of rice do I use?
I used Uncle Ben’s ready rice. The whole grain brown rice to make this recipe. You can cook any other rice on the stove if you prefer that for this recipe. I used the 90 second Uncle Ben’s rice because it was quick and easy! Who doesn’t love quick and easy?
How do I prepare the chicken and rice stuffed zucchini?
The first thing you would need to do is cut your chicken into small pieces. Once you have done preheat your pan to medium-high. After, add in oil and, your chopped chicken tenders along with your seasonings/sauce. The seasonings/sauce I used for this recipe was chicken broth, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, sesame seeds, pepper, garlic powder
The first thing you would need to do is cut your chicken into small pieces. Once you have done so preheat your pan to medium-high. After, add in oil, chopped chicken tenders along with your seasonings/sauce. I used the seasonings/sauce for this recipe: chicken broth, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, sesame seeds, pepper, garlic powder, chopped onions, whole grain brown rice, and parsley. Now, place your brown rice into the pan and stir everything together for about 3-4 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a pan add in zucchini boats. Oil both sides of the zucchini boats then season with salt and pepper. Leave in the oven for 15 minutes. After, take out the oven and add in the rice mixture. Once you have done that sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle some honey. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe then I’m pretty sure you will love my chicken fried rice.
Well until next time folks!
Chicken and rice stuffed zucchini
- 4 Zucchini's
- 1 8.8 oz UNCLE BEN’S Ready Rice: Whole Grain Brown
- 1 lb Chicken tenders Chopped
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil To your liking(be mindful sesame oil is very strong)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Chopped onions
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- Cut chicken tender into bite size pieces
- Turn pan on medium-high
- Add vegetable oil into the pan
- Next, add in your chicken along with salt pepper, garlic powder, chicken broth, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch.
- Let the chicken cook for 15-20 minutes while constantly stirring the mixture so it can become thick.
- Place your rice into the microwave and follow instructions on the pack.
- Once the rice is done add into the pot and mix together. Only allow the mixture to cook for 5 minutes
- Add in dry parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Take a spoon or a zucchini corer and scrape the seeds out of your zucchini. Be gentle so you won’t break the zucchini
- Place the zucchini in a pan
- Sprinkle oil , salt, and pepper over the zucchini
- Place in oven for 15 minutes
- Add your rice mixture inside
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top along with parsley and honey.