Strawberry crunch cake is rich and fluffy on the inside and sweet and crunchy on the outside. I mean, seriously, we are talking strawberry cake heaven here. Not to mention the cheesecake in the middle. I don’t know about you, but I could eat this cake daily. I mean, seriously, it’s just that good!
What is strawberry crunch cake?
Strawberry crunch cake is a layered cake that can be made with strawberry cake mix or vanilla cake mix. This cake usually has about 2 layers, but you can make this cake three layers as I did. The middle of this strawberry crunch cake is filled with delicious cheesecakes that complement the entire cake. Once this cake is layered, it’s then covered with homemade icing the covered with the pre-made strawberry crumble.
Ingredients for strawberry crunch cake
Butter-Makes the icing on this strawberry crunch cake recipe.
Powdered Sugar-Also helps to make the icing and gives it a sweet taste.
Vanilla Extract-Adds a ton of flavor to your cake.
Cream Cheese-The main ingredients for the cheesecake will be in the middle of the cake.
Eggs-Helps in binding all of the ingredients together.
Strawberry Box Cake-Star of the show. Easy way to build the cake without making it from scratch.
Heavy Cream- Helps to withhold the cheesecake together.
Sugar-Sweetens the cake.
Flour-Lends a help and hand in making the best homemade strawberry crunch cake.
Milk-Helps to create a softer, fluffier cake.
Vegetable, Oil-When mixed with the cake mixture, helps in forming the cake.
Strawberry Jello- Makes the crumbles.
How to make strawberry crunch cake
This strawberry shortcake with cheesecake has many steps, but I believe it is worth it. Once you have made this cake a couple of times, you will make it a lot easier.
The thing I love about this cake is how much variety this cake has. Here are a few ways you can spunk up this recipe.
Strawberry Oreo Crunch Pound Cake- You can add Oreos to this cake and also make it a pound cake. This will make for a beautiful presentation. Strawberry Oreo crunch cake isn’t to be taken lightly at any holiday event. It’s for sure gonna be a showstopper.
Strawberry Crunch Bundt Cake- You don’t have to make this a 3-layer cake. You can simply remove the crunch cake cheesecake and add the mixture into a Bundt cake pan. There you have it, an easy strawberry crunch cake!
No Cheesecake Strawberry Crunch Cake- You can choose to remove the cheesecake from this recipe and only have your homemade strawberry crunch cake recipe.
Equipment you will need
You will need 3 9-inch circle baking dishes in order to be able to mimic this recipe thoroughly. You will also need an electric mixer to make the icing. As well as a cake tray.
When storing this cake, you need to make sure it is stored at room temperature. You can store this cake in an airtight cake storage container which can be found on Amazon. They really come in handy when trying to preserve your cake and keep the decorations in place.
Tips for this cake
- Don’t open the oven until the recommended time is allowed. Use the oven light to gauge things.
- Follow the recipe instructions fully. Going away from the recipe will almost always result in a different outcome unless you are an experienced baker.
- Don’t over-mix the cake batter.
- Measure properly
- Don’t under mix
- Always use room temperature ingredients (trust me, it’s a science to it).
- Use parchment paper
- Always allow cooling before eating or decorating.
Looking for a delicious dinner to have with this cake? Here are a few that I think you would love!
Well, until next time, folks.
Strawberry Crunch Cake with cheesecake (Easy)
- Nonstick spray-Keep cakes from sticking
- (3) 9 inch Baking Dish-For baking cheesecake, and strawberry cakes.
- Parchment Paper-To add to the bottom of your cake pans and add your strawberry crumble onto.
- Toothpicks- To stick the cake with to see if it’s done. If the toothpick come back out wet it’s not done. If the toothpick comes back out dry, your cake is finished.
- Mixing Bowls- 2-3 mixing bowls.
- Rotating Cake Turntable- Allows you to decorate your cake properly.
- Icing Spatula-Smoothing buttercream over cake.
- 4 Sticks Unsalted butter
- 2 ½ Cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 16 Oz Cream cheese
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1- Cup Sugar
- 1 Strawberry Box Cake White Cake Mix if strawberry is unavailable
- 1 3oz Pack strawberry jello Only Use Half
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 eggs
- Crunch Cake Crumbles
- Strawberry Jello
- ½ Stick Butter Softened Salted or Unsalted
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 3oz Instant Vanilla Pudding
- ½ Stick Butter
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 3oz Strawberry Jello
- 1 Pack Strawberries Optional, for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- To a mixing bowl add in butter and begin to mix for 5 minutes or until the butter resembles whipped cream.4 Sticks Unsalted butter
- Add in powder sugar and vanilla extract and mix until dissolve then sit to the side.2 ½ Cup Powdered sugar, 2 Tablespoons Vanilla extract
- To a bowl add in cream cheese along with cornstarch, heavy cream, vanilla extract, eggs, and sugar then mix well.1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract, ¼ Cup Cornstarch, ½ Cup Heavy cream, 3 eggs, 1- Cup Sugar, 16 Oz Cream cheese
- Spray your baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Add the cheesecake mixture to a baking dish and allow to bake for 45 minutes. Once done remove from the oven and set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To a bowl add your cake mix, strawberry jello, all purpose flour, milk vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix well then separate them into your baking pan.1 Strawberry Box Cake, ½ cup All-purpose flour, 1 cup Milk, 1 cup Vegetable Oil, 3 eggs, 1 3oz Pack strawberry jello
- Lightly, shake the pans so that the strawberry mixture can settle in more.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until the toothpick is dry. Allow cooling for 20 minutes.
- To a bowl, add butter, flour, and instant vanilla pudding.½ Stick Butter, 1 3oz Instant Vanilla Pudding, ½ Cup Flour
- Take your hands and mix until it becomes sand-like.
- To another bowl, add butter, strawberry jello, and flour. Mix with hands until sand-like.½ Cup Flour, ½ Stick Butter, 1 3oz Strawberry Jello
- Add a sheet of parchment paper onto a sheet pan, then add both of the crumble mixtures to the sheet.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 8 minutes. Sit to the side to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once the 20 minutes have pass use your hands to break the strawberry crunch into crumbles
- Gently remove your 3 cakes from the pans and sit to the side onto parchment paper.
- To the rotating cake tray, add your strawberry cake, then your cheesecake, and lastly, add the second strawberry cake.
- Smooth on your buttercream until it reaches your desired look.
- Add your strawberry crunch mixture along with your strawberries on top.1 Pack Strawberries