This stuffed meatloaf recipe is loaded with mozzarella cheese and seasoned to perfection! This cheese-stuffed meatloaf recipe is one easy recipe. It’s cooked to perfection and it’s even better when paired with my garlic mashed potatoes and garlic butter string beans! Stuffed meatloaf is a recipe that has been in my family for years. We love making this for Sunday dinner.
What are the ingredients for this stuffed meatloaf loaf recipe?
The ingredients could possibly be right in your home. The seasonings are easy to find. I know we all can appreciate a quick recipe with easy-to-find ingredients.
1/4 Cup Onion
1 Tbsp BBQ Sauce
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
How to make stuffed meatloaf?
To make the best-stuffed meatloaf recipe is simple and easy. I saw this recipe on Betty Crocker’s website and it reminded me of my grandmother’s recipe but not quite the same. The first thing I will always recommend is to gather all your ingredients. This makes things easy when you begin cooking this cheese-stuffed meatloaf. Firstly, add all your ground beef to a bowl. Next, add in your seasonings, onion, bell pepper, egg, and Bbq sauce. Once you have all those things mixed.
Start forming your meatloaf so that you can easily lay your cheese in the wedge you created. Next, lay your cheese in the meatloaf and start working for your hands through the meatloaf to make sure all the cheese is covered. In a bowl mix together your ketchup, brown sugar, and honey BBQ. Lather that mixture over your uncooked meatloaf. Now, place your ground beef into your preheated 350 degrees oven for 40 minutes. Once you have done it, take the meatloaf out of the oven and lather on your meatloaf sauce again. Lastly, place the stuffed meatloaf back in the oven for 45 minutes. Take it out of the oven and enjoy!
Can I substitute the ground beef?
For this recipe, I used ground beef, but you don’t have to. You can use ground turkey meat and I promise you that if you season this meatloaf recipe with the same seasonings, I listed above it will taste just the same. Just remember that Turkey meat will become a little dry after a while. So, when it comes down to reheating this stuffed meatloaf it may become tough.
The best-stuffed meatloaf Recipe……Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, I would love to see it. Tag me on Instagram at @ronalyn_alston.
- How To Make Chicken Lollipop (BBQ Flavored)
- How To Make Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- How To Make Cajun Fries(quick and easy)
- How To Make Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- How To Make Sticky Buns (caramel & pecans)
The Best Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 Pound Ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Onion
- 1/4 Cup Green Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Honey BBQ Sauce
- 6 Slices Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Sharp Shredded Cheese
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Honey BBQ Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Add your ground beef to a bowl1 Pound Ground beef
- Add in all of your ingredients1 Tablespoon Garlic powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, 1 Teaspoon Pepper, 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning, 1 Cup Italian bread crumbs, 1/4 Cup Onion, 1/4 Cup Green Pepper, 1 Egg, 1 Tbsp Honey BBQ Sauce
- Take your hand and mix everything together well
- Shape your meat into a football like shape then take your hands and press in the middle forming a hole.
- Add in your cheese, with your hands cover the cheese with the ground beef6 Slices Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, 1 Cup Sharp Shredded Cheese
- To a bowl add in all of your ingredients and mix together well1 Teaspoon Pepper, 1 Cup Ketchup, 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, 1 Teaspoon Pepper, 1/2 Cup Honey BBQ Sauce, 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Lather that sauce all over your meatloaf
- Place the meatloaf in the oven for 30 minutes