Chili cheese potatoes are the perfect recipe if you have any leftover chili! If you don’t that’s fine. Let’s make some! These chili-topped baked potatoes are one delicious meal you don’t want to miss out on. It’s packed with red onion, melted cheese, and hot chili! Now, let us make this hearty meal that will indeed become your favorite recipe!
They are a delicious dish combining cheddar cheese, chili, and potatoes. They can be compared to chili cheese fries, chili cheese hassle back potatoes, or even a potato casserole dish. This dish really is a combination comfort food classic.
The full list of ingredients can be found below in the recipe card.
To pot medium-high heat, add olive oil. Once hot add in your chopped onions. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
Next, add in your ground beef and allow to cook until brown. Drain the grease and add back into pan. Add in ketchup, sugar, and stir. Turn stove to medium low and allow to simmer for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from the stove.
To a casserole dish add in your chopped potatoes. Season and mix the potatoes around well.
Add in your ground beef mixture, then top with bacon, and shredded cheese.
Place in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove and enjoy!
Hasselback : Slice your potatoes hasselback style and bake them in a casserole dish with chili and melted cheese for a satisfying dinner.
Slow Cooker: Transfer potatoes to a slow cooker and top with chili and melted cheese. Cook on low for several hours for a delicious and easy meal.
4. Chili Cheese Dog Potatoes: Instead of traditional baked potatoes, use potato skins as a base and top them with chili, melted cheese, and sliced hot dogs for a fun recipe.
5. Sweet Potato Substitute russet potatoes with sweet potatoes for a twist on the classic. The sweetness of the potatoes pairs well with the savory chili and melted cheese.
6. Black Bean: Use a black bean chili instead of traditional chili for a flavorful variation. Top it with melted cheese and your favorite toppings for a delicious meal.
7. Bell Pepper: Add bell peppers with chili and melted cheese, then bake them until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted for a different way to enjoy chili cheese potatoes.
8. White Chicken Instead of beef chili, use a white chicken chili as a topping for your baked potatoes. Top with melted cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and red onions for a flavorful twist.
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container for later enjoyment. They are a great way to enjoy a satisfying dinner, whether you're watching a big game or simply craving a bowl of chili with a twist.
Last Updated on September 30, 2023 by Ronalyn Alston | Published: September 1, 2023
September 1, 2023