4 ingredient cherry dump cake cooked up into a sweet buttery crust. Then served up on a mountain of vanilla ice cream!! This dump cake recipe is extremely easy and just one of the few I have on my site.
4 Ingredient Cherry Dump Cake
- Cherry Pie Filling- I truly enjoy and appreciate the simplicity in this recipe and I know that you will too.
- Cake Mix- Yellow cake mix works perfectly in this cherry dump cake recipe. It gives it a savory and comforting type of flavor.
- Butter- Folks always ask me salted or unsalted butter and my answer will always be the same. It’s your preference. I will say that unsalted is much healthier of course.
- Vanilla Extract- A little bit of vanilla goes a long way and adds the perfect amount of flavor to complement the dump cake cherries.
Why You Will Love
- Beginner Baker Friendly- If you aren’t quite familiar with baking or just want a quick dump cake then this is it.
- Tasty- The cherry filling along with the crusted cake edges really work hand in hand when it comes to flavor.
- Family Friendly- You can make this cherry dump cake and even switch the filling to sweet potatoes or apples if that’s the preference.
How To Make Cherry Dump Cake?
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. To a bowl add the cherry filling, and vanilla extract and Mix everything together until well combined.
3. Pour the cherry mixture into the greased baking dish and spread it out evenly.
4. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the cherry pie filling.
5. Pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the cake mix, try to cover as much of the dry mix as possible.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. Once halfway done. Open the oven and cover any dry areas with the leftover melted butter. Now, return it back to the oven until the top is golden brown and the cake is done.
7. Once done, remove from the oven and serve your cherry dump cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
You can’t go wrong with this 4 ingredient cherry dump cake. It’s a definite win, win! Well, until next time folks.
4 Ingredient Cherry Dump Cake
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Cans Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Stick Melted butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees. Next, lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Pour the two cans of cherry pie filling and vanilla extract into the greased baking dish and spread it evenly.2 Cans Cherry Pie Filling, 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry pie filling.1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- If desired, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon over the cake mix layer for added flavor.1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the cake mix layer.1 Stick Melted butter
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cherry filling is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve this delicious cherry dump cake warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.