Coffee with honey is a homemade coffee recipe that is filled with raw honey, cinnamon, and instant coffee, so no French press is needed to make it! I’m always on the hunt for an easy coffee recipe. Not to mention y’all, this recipe is a game changer, especially with the honey as a natural sweetener. The wonderful thing is it only takes about 5 minutes to make.
Why You Should Make Coffee with Honey?
Health Benefits- Okay, the good news is that not all coffee drinks are made equal and have benefits, but this one does. I will explain a little more down below!
Fresh Coffee- Who doesn’t love fresh coffee?! Having this homemade recipe is a great way to keep hot coffee at your fingertips. So, no more cold coffee.
Easy as 123- For my coffee drinkers, this is an excellent choice because it’s easy. All you need is hot water, ground coffee, and a drizzle of honey, and there you have it y’all one tasty recipe.
Saving- Listen I’ve added up the numbers, and coffee can run you about $2,500 dollars a year, that’s if you buy it 31 days a year, and let’s be honest good ole sweet coffee is a must-have most mornings.
Ingredients You Will Need
Ground Coffee- you can choose your favorite. It’s entirely up to you. I sometimes use classic roast or caramel pecan.
Ground Cinnamon- add in a pinch of cinnamon to get that robust, sweet taste that you get from your favorite coffee shop.
Honey- the honey mixture is the most essential ingredient in this honey coffee recipe. It brings in a natural sweetness, so no artificial sweeteners.
Froth-Optional- Use a handheld milk frother to add some froth to the top of your coffee with honey.
The complete list of ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.
How To Make Coffee with Honey Recipe
1. Start by brewing your coffee: Measure the desired amount of ground coffee based on your taste preferences and the number of cups you want to make. Use the appropriate coffee-to-water ratio as per your coffee maker’s instructions.
2. Add honey to your cup: While the coffee brews, pour a spoonful or two of honey into your cup. Adjust the amount based on your desired sweetness level. Remember, you can always add more later if needed.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon: Once the coffee is ready, carefully pour it into your cup with the honey. Then, sprinkle a pinch or two of cinnamon on top. This will infuse your coffee with a warm and cozy flavor.
4. Stir gently: Take a spoon and gently stir the coffee, honey, and cinnamon together. This will ensure that the honey dissolves and is evenly distributed throughout the drink.
5. Add froth (optional): If you enjoy frothy coffee, you can either froth some milk using a frother. Pour the froth on top of your coffee for an extra creamy texture. This also works with creamer, which is what I love to use.
Sweetener- this is for my folks with those early morning sweet tooths. Add yourself a little sugar. If you are on a health kick, add keto sugar like monkfruit or stevia.
Honey Cinnamon Latte- turn this drink into a latte by adding in milk and a bit of cinnamon.
Pumpkin spice latte- sprinkle in a dash of pumpkin spice and have yourself a delicious
Honey Iced Coffee– Now, if you really want to kick things up in those hot summer months even the fall, try adding in some ice.
Milk– Go crazy with this recipe and add in almond milk, warm milk, oat milk, coconut milk, coffee creamer, or even heavy cream.
What To Serve with Coffee with Honey?
Biscotti: These crisp, twice-baked Italian cookies are a classic choice to enjoy with coffee. Their slightly sweet flavor complements the honey in your coffee quite well.
Toasted Almonds: Roasted or toasted almonds make a delicious and healthy pairing with coffee and honey. The nuttiness of the almonds adds a delightful crunch to your coffee break.
Fresh Fruit: I love having fresh fruits like berries, sliced apples, or grapes. The natural sweetness of the fruits will harmonize beautifully with the honey and the rich flavors of your coffee.
Cheese and Crackers: So, for those who enjoy a savory pairing, try serving a variety of cheeses and some crispy crackers alongside your coffee. The creamy and salty flavors of the cheese will complement the sweetness of the honey uniquely.
You will need a water kettle, coffee maker, and measuring tools to make this coffee with honey recipe. Oh, and of course, your favorite coffee mug or mason jar.
You can store your coffee with honey recipe in a mason jar and place it in the refrigerator for later when you are ready to enjoy. Pop an oven-safe coffee mug in the oven and enjoy.
Coffee with Honey Health Benefits
Antioxidant properties: Coffee is known to be rich in antioxidants, and honey also contains antioxidants. Antioxidants help fight against free radicals in the body, which can help reduce inflammation and stress.
Soothing effects: Honey has soothing properties that help alleviate a sore throat or cough. Adding honey to your coffee can provide a comforting effect if you’re experiencing any respiratory discomfort.
Digestive benefits: Honey has been traditionally used to aid digestion. It can help soothe an upset stomach and may have prebiotic effects, promoting the growth of beneficial gut bacteria.
Natural sweetener: Honey can be used as a healthier alternative to refined sugar in coffee. It adds natural sweetness without causing a sudden spike in blood sugar levels.
What are the different types of coffee-making methods?
Choose from options like a drip coffee maker, French press, pour-over, or an espresso machine. Each method offers a unique brewing style and flavor profile.
Does Coffee have carbs?
Black coffee is very low in carbohydrates and contains virtually no calories, making it a great option for those watching their carb intake. However, if you add things like milk, cream, sugar, or flavored syrups to your coffee, then the carb content can increase. These additions can vary in carb content, so it’s always a good idea to check the nutritional information on the specific products you use.
When I tell you that this coffee with honey recipe will be all that you need to give you that extra pep in your step.
Well, until next time, folks!
Coffee with Honey Recipe (Simple, Fast, and Delicious)
- Ground Coffee or whatever your coffee machine prefers
- 1 Teaspoon Honey To your liking
- Pinch Teaspoon Cinnamon To your liking
- Froth optional
- Measure the desired amount of ground coffee based on your taste preferences and the number of cups you want to make. Use the appropriate coffee-to-water ratio as per your coffee maker's instructions.Ground Coffee
- While the coffee brews, pour a spoonful or two of honey into your cup. Adjust the amount based on your desired sweetness level.1 Teaspoon Honey
- Once the coffee is ready, carefully pour it into your cup with the honey. Then, sprinkle a pinch or two of cinnamon on top.Pinch Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Take a spoon and gently stir the coffee, honey, and cinnamon together.
- Add froth (optional)Froth