Looking for a quick delicious recipe?! Look no further because I have the best garlic butter Parmesan smashed red potatoes recipe for you! Whew, that was a mouth full. No, worries though unlike how that was difficult to say. The recipe definitely is easy to make! This smashed red potatoes recipe is super simple. These smashed red potatoes come out so crispy and filled with flavor. They are drizzled in butter and fresh thyme and then sprinkled with a generous amount of garlic salt. The best thing about this recipe is you only need about five ingredients, which I am willing to bet you already have!
What are the ingredients for these garlic smashed red potatoes?
These smash red potatoes have pretty simple ingredients. It’s definitely no need to stress about the ingredients for this recipe because they are simple.
Baby Red Potatoes
See, just like I said these ingredients were simple and straightforward. I am willing to bet that you have all the ingredients to make your garlic smashed potatoes in your home!
How to make smashed red potatoes?
First, and. Furthermore, I want to start off by saying I first discovered this recipe through the pioneer woman blog site. This recipe is extremely simple. The potatoes come out crispy and full of flavor. To make smashed red potatoes the first thing you will need to do is make sure your potatoes are washed and cleaned.
Once you have done so, add water to a pot and bring it to a boil. Next, you want to add in your kosher salt, and red potatoes. After 15 minutes drain the water from the red potatoes. Now place the potatoes on a baking sheet and allow them to cool for 5 minutes. Once they are cooled, take the bottom of a glass and press down slowly onto a potato. This will flatten the potatoes. Once you flatten the potatoes add your mixture and place in your preheated oven for 15 minutes. Take the potatoes out, flip, and brush the mixture on. Place the potatoes back into the oven for another 15 minutes. Lastly, take the potatoes out again and this time sprinkle the Parmesan over the top of the potatoes and place them back in the oven to melt. Once the cheese is melted you can enjoy it.
You can also put these potatoes in the air fryer as well. They come out just the same. You will love my smash potatoes air fryer recipe!
Well, until next time folks!
- How To Make Chicken Lollipop (BBQ Flavored)
- How To Make Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- How To Make Cajun Fries(quick and easy)
- How To Make Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- How To Make Sticky Buns (caramel & pecans)
Garlic Butter Parmesan Smashed Red Potatoes
- Baby Red Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter melted
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 3 Cups Water Enough to submerge potatoes in
- Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit
- To a pot add water and place on the stove on medium high.3 Cups Water
- Once the water begins to boil add in your kosher salt, and red potatoes. After 15 minutes drain the water from the red potatoes.Baby Red Potatoes, 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and allow them to cool for 5 minutes. Once they are cooled, take the bottom of a glass and pressed slowly on a potato. This will flatten the potatoes.
- In a bowl mix all of your ingredients together1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon Butter, 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper, 1 Tbsp Garlic Salt, 1 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese, 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Brush the mixture over the potatoes
- Sprinkle Garlic salt over the top of the potatoes then place in the oven for 15 minutes.1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- Take out of the oven. Carefully turn the smashed potatoes over and add on more of the mixture and sprinkle garlic salt over the top and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and add on your fresh Parmesan cheese and place back in the oven until the cheese melts. Take out1 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese