Fried cabbage with bacon! Crispy fried bacon tossed into some delicious fried cabbage! Yep, sign me up, please. This fried cabbage and bacon recipe is filled with a ton of flavor and not to mention the endless health benefits of good old cabbage. It’s quick and easy, and you can have it on your dinner table in just minutes. So, without further ado, let’s make this southern cabbage recipe!
Benefits of cabbage
This recipe can be served with my crispy white rice. Did you know that cabbage is keto-friendly and one serving of this fried cabbage with bacon is extremely low in calories? Cabbage helps with inflammation, and it’s packed with vitamin C, which can possibly lower your blood pressure and can also help lower your cholesterol. If that’s not enough to make this recipe, let’s not forget how delicious this fried cabbage is. . It’s definitely the best cabbage you’ve ever tasted.
Ingredients for fried cabbage with bacon
This Southern fried cabbage recipe is a hit at every event. The ingredients in this recipe are kept to a bare minimum.
Head of cabbage- The cabbage is definitely the star of the show. I used organic cabbage, which can be found at your local grocery store.
Bacon- Cut your bacon into bite-sized pieces. Try to use a thicker cut of bacon.
Seasonings- Pepper, salt, paprika, and garlic powder- make for the perfect flavor.
How to make fried cabbage?
To make southern fried cabbage is quite simple, but it can be ruined in the blink of an eye, so you must be careful.
What meat to serve with fried cabbage
Bacon isn’t the only thing you can add to this fried cabbage recipe. You can add in sausages, onions, sugar, red pepper flakes, and fat back. To name a few. Making a good quick and easy cabbage recipe has endless options!
If you enjoyed the best southern fried cabbage recipe, make sure to try my easy honey bbq oven-baked beef ribs.
- Vegan- this recipe can totally be turned into a vegan meal. The only thing you will need to do is take the meat out of this southern fried cabbage.
- Meat- You can replace the bacon with sausages or even smoked turkey meat.
Spicy- You can make this meal spicy by sprinkling a small amount of chilli red peppers are any spice of your choice.
Equipment used for fried cabbage with bacon
You can use a stockpot to make this recipe. The cabbage will start off being a lot, but they will eventually cook down.
Store your southern fried cabbage in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator or the freezer. Cabbage can stay refrigerated for up to 3 to 5 days. Frozen cabbage can last in the freezer for up to 8 weeks.
Remove your fried cabbage with bacon from the airtight container, then place it in the oven for 1 minute or until the temperature reaches your desired warmth.
More Turkey Recipes
Fried Cabbage with Bacon
- 6 Slices Thick bacon Fried
- 1 Medium Cabbage Chopped into bitesized pieces
- ¼ Tsp Salt To Taste
- 1 Tsp Pepper To Taste
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder To Taste
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder To Taste
- In a pot, add in your bacon then cook until crispy.6 Slices Thick bacon
- To the same pot of bacon add in your cabbage and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder1 Medium Cabbage, ¼ Tsp Salt, 1 Tsp Pepper, 1 Tsp Garlic powder, 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- Stir your bacon and cabbage together well
- Cover your cabbage with a lid and cook on medium until cabbage become tender