My family love when I cook parmesan chicken. They love how I can take a few simple ingredients and make a meal that fuels a dance party on their taste buds. I love this Parmesan crusted chicken meal because it’s so easy to make! Also, chicken parmesan is definitely a crowd pleaser. I know this meal is a quick one, but I have a quick story to tell. If you don’t have time just skip to the end of the page and your printable recipe will be at the end. See you later.
CHICKEN PARMESAN LOVE STORY…LOL
I should name this recipe, “Win a Man’s Heart”! Let me tell you why! When I first met my husband in college, he asked me out on a date and of course I agreed to the date. However, as luck would have it, he called and let me know that he had to go into work early so we would have to reschedule our date. Oh no my friend, he wasn’t getting off that easily. A sister can cook and that’s just what I offered him- a home cooked meal. I told him if he would like to come over after work, I could have something cooked for him! He was so impressed. He was like, “girl you can’t cook!” and I replied, “Do you want to bet?” I was so nervous and started to doubt myself. Did I just really tell this dude that I would cook for him? Yes, yes, I did! OMG what can I cook? I then recalled one of our late-night conversations and his love for Olive Garden. Chicken Parmesan it is!
I rushed to the store and got all the ingredients I needed to prepare the meal. Finally, the food was done but would it taste good? I almost called everyone in my apartment complex to taste a little piece of my chicken. I’m telling no lie, I did LOL. They told me it was good, so I took their word.
I finished with the taste testers right before he arrived and let me say the chicken was not the only thing that looked cute LOL. He was so excited about the meal and even went back for seconds. He accused me of ordering takeout as well! Well, that was a compliment to the chef.
They say a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. I guess it’s true because I was his girlfriend and then his wife in a matter of a year LOL. Enough of my stories, let’s get back to the recipe.
How to make easy chicken Parmesan
Step1: Preparing Chicken
The first thing I do is make sure I take my chicken breast out before I get my day started. This ensures that my chicken is properly thawed and ready to be seasoned when I get home from a busy day.
Season chicken with pepper and salt.
Step 2: Making Chicken Breading
Gather all your ingredients: flour, Italian breadcrumbs, seasoning, and eggs. This way once I get the grease ready, I can have the perfect fried Parmesan chicken.
Place chicken breast into flour
Then place into eggs (make sure to mix eggs)
Then place chicken into Italian breadcrumbs
Step 3: Frying Chicken
Now that you have your chicken breaded place in hot grease for 3- 4 minutes on each side. Don’t fry for too long because you will be placing in the oven for 15-20 minutes later
Step 4: Marinara Sauce
Place 1 jar of store bought marinara sauce in pot along with parsley leaves, mozzarella cheese, sugar in pot and stir. Let cook for 5 minutes or until boiling. Then place sauce on top of chicken parmesan. Not too much. Add parmesan cheese on top
Step 5: Bake
Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. You will want dessert after this meal. Try my quick and easy cheesecake!
Easy quick crusted chicken parmesan recipe
- 4 Chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Jar Store bought Marinara sauce cooked
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Mozarella cheese
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place chicken onto a plate4 Chicken breast
- Season chicken with salt and pepper1 tbsp Pepper, 1 tbsp Salt
- Grab 3 separate bowlsOne bowl with flourOne bowl with eggsOne bowl with Italian breadcrumbs2 Large eggs, 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- Place chicken breast into the flour(front and back)Next, place the chicken breast into the eggsLastly, place the chicken in the Italian bread crumbs
- Turn stove to medium-high and add in vegetable oil1 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- Place chicken into hot vegetable oil (cook on each side for 3-4 minutes) then take out of the hot grease and place onto a plate.
- In a separate pan on medium-high add in your jar of marinara sauce along with parsley flakes, sugar, and garlic powder.1 Jar Store bought Marinara sauce, 1 tbsp Sugar, 1 tbsp Garlic Powder, 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- After the sauce begins to slightly boil remove it from the stove1/2 cup Mozarella cheese
- Place the sauce on top of chicken along with mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top3/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese