Hibachi Steak and Shrimp Recipe anyone? I’m going to show you how to make a perfect hibachi style meal at home for everyone to enjoy! This recipe is filled with tender shrimp, hibachi sauce, steak to create your own version of hibachi shrimp just like the hibachi restaurants! Imagine getting to feed everyone a delicious meal without the expensive price tag! Well, this hibachi dinner does just that! Enough of my babbling, let’s go ahead and make this meal! Oh, and to all of my healthy folks I will have all of the nutritional information below!
Ingredients For Hibachi Steak and Shrimp Recipe
Ribeye Steak- So, you won’t necessarily need to use ribeye steak for this hibachi steal recipe. You can use sirloin steak, New York strip, flank, or even T-bone steak for this recipe. Just remember to get rid of the bone.
Raw Shrimp- I would recommend purchasing jumbo shrimp for this Hibachi steak and shrimp recipe. In addition, if you purchase the smaller shrimp, they tend to be too small and even overcooked and not tender shrimp. You will want butter shrimp not a rubber like taste.
Eggs- Large eggs will do just fine for this recipe.
Sesame Oil- Adds in a ton of flavor to this Hibachi steak and shrimp recipe. You don’t won’t to opt out on this ingredient.
Creamy Yum Yum Sauce – You can create the simple sauce recipe that is written in the recipe card section below or you can buy the store-bought version. It’s completely your preference.
Zucchini & Squash Mixture- Frozen are fresh will do for this recipe.
White Rice– You can use precooked rice for this hibachi shrimp recipe, or you can make the homemade version that I have listed.
Easy Meal- This meal has a lot of ingredients, but it is fairly easy to make. Once you have gathered all of your ingredients you will find that this Hibachi steak and shrimp recipe is pretty easy to recreate
Japanese steakhouse restaurants- You won’t have to spend the extra change. This meal is budget friendly.
How to make hibachi at home?
This hibachi steak recipe can definitely be challenging. I say this because it’s so many ingredients involved. So, you know my favorite thing to do when I’m starting a recipe off. Gather all of your ingredients! For this recipe we will need fresh uncooked shrimp, steak, jasmine rice, zucchini, squash, onion, peas and carrots in the bag, sesame oil, low sodium soy sauce, salt, pepper.
Step 1- Chop up your vegetables (zucchini, squash, and onions) to your liking. Chop your steak into bite-sized pieces into a bowl. Then add in your soy sauce, salt, and pepper to the chopped steak. Sit your steak, scrambled eggs, and vegetables to the side. We will use later.
Step 2- Cook the rice. I have a full recipe of how to cook rice here. Once you cook the rice place it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to cook down. Doing this will stop your rice from being soggy when added back in the pot later.
Step 3- Add a small amount of sesame oil to the pan then add in your scrambled eggs. Take your cooked eggs out and sit to the side.
Step 4: Add in your chopped steak.
Step 5-Once the steak is halfway cooked. Add in your shrimp and allow all the meat to finish cooking.
Step 6- Add in your vegetables and cook until they become slightly soften.
Step 7- Lastly, add back in all of the previously cooked items and season with garlic powder, creole seasoning, pepper, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
Substitutions For Hibachi Steak and Shrimp Recipe
- If you aren’t of the calories that rice comes with. You can definitely swap the white rice out for cauliflower rice.
- The shrimp or steak in this Hibachi steak and shrimp recipe can be substituted for chicken. You will need to cook the chicken the same as you would do any other meat in this recipe. Follow the instructions in recipe card.
Equipment For Hibachi Steak and Shrimp Recipe
Storage For Hibachi Steak and Shrimp Recipe
1. Separate the cooked steak and shrimp from any side dishes or sauces.
2. Place the steak and shrimp in separate airtight containers or resealable bags.
3. If there are any leftover sauces or marinades, transfer them to separate airtight containers as well.
4. Label each container with the date and contents for easy identification.
5. Store the containers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Reheating Hibachi Steak and Shrimp Recipe
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place steak and shrimp in an ovenproof dish covered by foil, and warm for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour Stovetop some oil or butter into the skillet before adding steak and shrimp to cook for several minutes while stirring periodically, until heated through.
- For optimal results, place steak and shrimp in a microwave-safe dish and cover with either a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap to protect from radiation. Microwave on high for approximately 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through, until heated through.
Ways To Make Hibachi Steak and Shrimp Recipe
Questions and Concerns
How to make Yum Yum sauce?
You definitely don’t have to buy Yum Yum sauce ever again from the store. I have you all covered. This Yum Yum sauce is so delicious and packed with some amazing flavor. The first thing you will need to do is gather all your ingredients together (ketchup, butter, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, granulated sugar, hot sauce, a tiny bit of water, and smoked paprika. Once you have done this mix all of the ingredients together. Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours so that the flavors have time to sit in. Take it out and spread all over your hibachi dinner.
Do I have to use steak & shrimp with this meal?
Absolutely not, for this recipe you can use chicken or no meat at all. I have tried this hibachi recipe with only the rice and vegetables. Let me just tell you what it was delicious.
If you enjoyed this how to make hibachi at home recipe, then you will love my shrimp fried rice.
Hibachi Steak and Shrimp Recipe
For the White Rice
- 1 Cup Jasamine rice (home cooked or Precooked)
- 1.5 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tsp Salt
For the Vegetables
- 1 Bag Frozen zucchini & squash mixture You can also chop up fresh zucchini and squash for this recipe
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
For the Hibachi Steak
- 1 Lb Ribeye Steak
- 2 Tsp Sesame oil Try to be careful with the amount of Sesame oil. Sesame oil is very strong in taste
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 Bag X-large deveined shrimp
- 4 Large Eggs Scrambled
For Yum Yum Sauce
- 2 Cups Butter melted
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion powder
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise
For White Rice
- In a pot add in your washed rice along with water on medium-high heat1 Cup Jasamine rice, 1.5 Cup Water, 1 Tbsp butter, 1 Tsp Salt
- When the water begins to bubble, place a top on the rice
- Turn stove down to low and leave alone for 12-15 minutes
- Once water is completely gone dissolved. Take the rice off the stove
- Place rice in a bowl and place in refrigerator to cool
- Add 1 tsp sesame oil to your hot wok or pan1 Tsp Sesame oil
- Add in bag of vegetables and chopped onions1 Bag Frozen zucchini & squash mixture, 1 Medium Onion
- Allow to cook to your desired texture
- Take out of the pan and set to the side
For scrambled Egg
- Add 1 tsp sesame oil to a wok or pan on medium low4 Large Eggs
- Add in eggs and allow to cook until finish
- Set to the side
For hibachi Steak
- Chop your steak into bite-sized pieces1 Lb Ribeye Steak
- Add to a bowl
- Add in your 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, salt, and pepper to the bowlSalt, Pepper, 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- Add the steak to your pan and allow to cook until brown
- Add in your shrimp to your steak and allow both to cook completely1 Bag X-large deveined shrimp
- Lastly, add back in all of your ingredients you previously set to the side(refrigerated rice, eggs, and vegetables.
- Combine everything together and add in more soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, and pepper to your liking2 Tsp Sesame oil, Garlic powder
- Add your yum yum sauce
For Yum Yum Sauce
- In a bowl add in your 2 Tbsp ketchup, 2 Cups mayonnaise,1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1tsp hot sauce, 1/4 cup water, 2 tbsp sugar, and 2 cups melted butter or buy store bought Yum Yum sauce.2 Cups Butter, 2 Tbsp Sugar, 1/4 Cup Water, 1 Tsp Hot sauce, 1 Tbsp Onion powder, 2 Tbsp Ketchup, 2 Cups Mayonnaise
- Blend until smooth and add the season to taste.Pepper, 1 Tbsp Garlic powder, Salt
- Place in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours for best flavor
- Add over your meal