A Cajun shrimp and rice skillet is the perfect way to jump-start any new season, but my favorite time to enjoy this meal is Fall. This Cajun skillet is cooked with all types of flavors. Cajun seasoning is number one. The shrimp is seasoned just right and then smothered in a bed of rice and peppers. This meal is so filling and can be eaten all by itself. The clean-up on this one is minimum. We shall call this the one-pot meal masterpiece. Cajun shrimp and rice skillet Fall addition. Let’s get started on making this meal.
What are the ingredients for Cajun shrimp and rice?
This is yet another recipe of mine that is quick, simple, and easy. You will love the simplicity of this recipe. You probably have all the ingredients sitting around in your pantry.
Minced garlic clove
Love this cajun shrimp and rice recipe. Here’s more!!
What type of shrimp to buy?
Honestly, you are welcome to use any type of shrimp you would like for this Cajun shrimp and rice recipe. I used extra-large colossal shrimp. My shrimp didn’t come peeled and deveined, so I had to do it. Shrimp can be tedious to peel and clean thoroughly. Even though I didn’t purchase peeled and deveined shrimp. I would recommend you do so.
How to devein shrimp?
You want first to grab your shrimp, then slip your thumb under the thin shell. Now, you want to begin peeling the shell off. Next, you want to go to the tail’s end and squeeze it, which should come off easily.
Removing the veins
Grab a knife and slightly cut the shrimp back. Make sure you don’t cut the shrimp all the way through. Now, you will see black veins. Take the knife and clean all the veins out.
What type of rice to use for this Cajun shrimp and rice?
I used jasmine rice for this recipe. I have also used long grain, short grain, and brown rice. You see where I’m going here. It doesn’t matter what type of rice you use for this recipe. Just rinse your rice thoroughly and get to cooking.
How to make Cajun shrimp and rice?
As I always say, make sure to gather all your ingredients first. By doing so, we are making sure we don’t miss any important steps are flavoring.
- To a bowl, add in all your seasonings.
- Mix them well and sit to the side
- You want to get your skillet or any pot of your choice.
- Place your pot on a medium-high stove. Add in your butter.
- Once your butter has melted down.
- Add in your chopped red pepper, green pepper, and onions
- Next, add in your rice (stir for about 2 minutes)
- Add your Cajun seasoning to the rice and mix well
- Pour in your chicken broth and place a top on the pan
- Allow simmering for 15 minutes
Final Steps To Cook Cajun shrimp and rice skillet
- Add your shrimp to a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil onto your shrimp, then add your mixed seasoning generously. Rub in well.
- Take the top off the pot and add in your shrimp.
- Allow simmering for 5 to 7 more minutes. Mix and enjoy!
How to make homemade Cajun seasoning?
We all know that the easiest way to make Cajun seasoning is to buy a can of it out of the store that is what I did. I used Cajun seasoning with other seasonings, but there is another way to make homemade Cajun seasoning. It’s quite simple and easy to make. The only thing you will need to do is gather your seasonings.
Ground Black Pepper
Once you have all the ingredients. You will need to mix them up well. Then add them to your Cajun shrimp and rice, or just use them all in one Cajun seasoning. I used two-step Cajun seasoning for this meal.
What to serve with Cajun shrimp and rice?
This isn’t a meal that you will have to serve anything with. It’s the best one-pot meal you can ask for. It’s tasty and quick, and the ingredients are simple. If I had to say there is anything I would serve this Cajun shrimp and rice with would be my Cajun butter sauce. Just drizzle a bit of that over the top. That’s it.
How to store one cajun skillet?
If you have more of this delicious recipe, we will need to store it. You can store this recipe in an airtight food storage container. When it comes to freshness, I would only allow that meal to cool out in the fridge for a couple of days. After that, I would question the freshness of things.
How to reheat Cajun Shrimp and rice?
Have a microwave on hand? If so, you are good to go. Just pop this in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and enjoy.
Reheat with stovetop
In addition, Place a pot on the stove medium-high. Add in about 1 tablespoon of butter. Once the butter is melted, add in your shrimp and rice. Continue stirring and mixing around the rice for about 30 seconds. Turn the stove to low and place a top on the pan for 5 minutes. Your food should be nice and warm.
When creating this Cajun shrimp recipe, the possibilities are endless. You don’t always have to use shrimp. You can mix things up with other types of meat.
Any of these will work. Remember to use the same seasonings when making your recipe.
Loved this recipe? Check out my one-pot chicken and rice.
Well, until next time, folks.
Here are more seafood recipes.
Full Video Here
How To Make Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet
- 1 LB Jumbo shrimp
- 1 1/3 Cup Rice Long Grain
- 2 2/3 Cups Chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red pepper Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green pepper Chopped
- 4 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- To a bowl add in all your seasonings.1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning, 1/2 Tablespoon Onion Powder, 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder, 1/2 Tablespoon Paprika, 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Mix them together well and sit to the side
- Get your skillet or any pot of your choice
- Place your pot on a medium-high stove. Add in your butter4 Tablespoon Butter
- Once your butter has melted down
- Add in your garlic, chopped red pepper, green pepper, and onions.1/4 Cup Red pepper, 1/4 Cup Green pepper, 1 Teaspoon Garlic, 1/4 Cup Onion
- Next, add in your rice(stir for about 2 minutes)1 1/3 Cup Rice
- Add your Cajun seasoning to the rice and mix well(add only half of the seasoning)
- Pour in your chicken broth and stir2 2/3 Cups Chicken broth
- Place a top on the pan
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes
- Add your shrimp to a bowl1 LB Jumbo shrimp
- Drizzle olive oil onto your shrimp, add your mixed seasoning generously. Rub in well
- Take the top off the pot and add in your shrimp
- Allow to simmer for 5 to 7 more minutes
- Mix At this point, you can add in more Seasoning if you like