Southern tuna salad is the perfect easy recipe that you will definitely need! It’s filled with simple pantry ingredients like tuna, sweet relish, and fresh celery, just to name a few. This classic southern tuna salad recipe is the perfect recipe for those busy weeknights we all have. Let’s jump right into this southern-style tuna salad recipe!
1. Mixing Bowl: For this black folks tuna salad think of a mixing bowl as the central hub of your tuna salad creation. It's where you'll combine all the ingredients together. Picture a bulletin board labeled "Mixing Bowl" where you can pin all the necessary items.
2. Can Opener: Just like a bulletin board labeled "Can Opener" allows you to attach reminders, a can opener is essential for opening the can of tuna. Make sure to have one handy to easily access the tuna.
3. Cutting Board: Imagine a bulletin board called "Cutting Board" where you can pin all your veggies and herbs. A cutting board is necessary for chopping celery, onions, pickles, and any other ingredients you'd like to add for extra flavor and crunch.
4. Knife: Just like a bulletin board labeled "Knife" can hold different notes, a sharp knife is essential for slicing and dicing your ingredients. Use it to chop the veggies and herbs into small, uniform pieces.
5. Mixing Spoon: Picture a bulletin board named "Mixing Spoon," where you can pin a variety of spoons. A mixing spoon is useful for combining all the ingredients in the mixing bowl. It ensures everything is evenly distributed and well-mixed.
6. Measuring Cups and Spoons: Just like a bulletin board labeled "Measuring Cups and Spoons" can hold different notes, these tools are handy for measuring precise amounts of mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, or any other dressing ingredients you'd like to add.
1. Refrigerator: Use a labeled bulletin board to visualize storing leftovers in airtight containers or covered bowls in the fridge. Label with the date.
2. Freezer: Visualize a bulletin board for freezing. Store tuna salad in freezer-safe containers or bags, tightly sealed and labeled with the date. Texture may change when thawed.
3. Pantry/Cupboard: Picture a labeled bulletin board for room temperature-stable tuna salad with dry ingredients. Store in airtight containers or jars in a cool, dry place. Consider ingredient shelf life.
To enhance the flavor of tuna, you can mix it with various ingredients. Some delicious options include honey mustard for creaminess, lemon juice, and olive oil for a refreshing twist, diced pickles and onions for crunch and zest, avocado and lime for creaminess.
This black folks tuna salad is extremely versatile and can be made within a matter of minutes. You can enjoy this recipe with a side of hard-boiled eggs. The protein in this Southern tuna salad is also a plus. It’s definitely a filling comfort food classic. Well, until next time folks.
Last Updated on September 27, 2023 by Ronalyn Alston | Published: September 14, 2023
September 14, 2023