This Pineapple Honey Glazed Ham is drizzled with some delicious brown sugar honey glaze, then decorated beautifully and popped in the oven to cook up to perfection. This on your dinner table will for sure keep you on the list to make Thanksgiving dinner year after year!! If you want to be the go-to person for cooking ham, this gorgeous ham is your recipe! Whether it’s Easter, Mother’s Day, or simply craving. You will enjoy every bite!
Why should you make this honey-glazed ham?
Super simple to make and amazingly delicious. This honey-glazed ham is and will always be a head-turner at any table. It’s filled with a ton of flavor and can be served with just about any thanksgiving side. Southern green beans and white rice, just to name a few. You can’t go wrong with this honey-glazed ham. Not to mention how beautiful and decorative this ham is!
- Why should you make this honey-glazed ham?
- Ingredients for pineapple honey glazed ham
- Instructions on honey-glazed ham
- Storing pineapple honey glazed ham
- Common Questions
- Can you freeze-baked ham?
- Is honey-baked ham gluten-free?
- How long does ham last in the fridge?
- What does uncured ham mean?
- The Best Pineapple Honey Glazed Ham (simple)
Ingredients for pineapple honey glazed ham
Brown Sugar-This is a must-have in this recipe because it’s the reason for the majority of the flavor and moistness. You can use dark or light brown sugar.
Pineapple Slices- Not only do the pineapples make this spiral ham taste really good, but it also makes it look gorgeous.
Pineapple Juice-Adds a ton of flavor. Compliments the brown sugar well.
Honey-Adds additional moisture to the ham and flavor, of course.
Maraschino Cherries-For decoration of the honey ham and also brings balance to the pineapple cherry sauce glaze for this ham.
Instructions on honey-glazed ham
This southern ham isn’t just a showstopper but also a time saver. The biggest task in this recipe is making honey-glazed sauce. Then throw it in the oven and watch the magic happen.
Note: The cook time on the ham will depend on the size of the ham. If you are unsure, use a meat thermometer to check if it has reached a safe internal temperature of 145 degrees.
When it comes to making this pineapple, honey-glazed ham, you have a variety of options to choose from, especially with the glaze.
Here are a few other ingredients you can try to incorporate into this recipe. I would only incorporate one of these items at a time. No more than 1 tablespoon.
Dijon Mustard- This can be added in for a tangier taste.
7 up Ham- Add in a splash of 7 up
Coke Ham-Yes, you heard me right. Add a splash of coke soda, and your tastebuds will thank you later.
Cajun Ham-Add a small amount of Cajun seasoning to your honey glaze mixture.
Ideas for leftover ham- a ham sandwich and ham fried rice.
You will need a baking dish, toothpicks, and aluminum foil.
Storing pineapple honey glazed ham
You can store this spiral ham in an airtight Ziplock bag. You would remove the ham from the bone, place it in the Ziplock bag, and then refrigerate. If you want to keep the ham whole, you can wrap the ham in aluminum foil. Loosely wrap the ham.
Can you freeze-baked ham?
Yes, you can freeze your ham to preserve it.
Is honey-baked ham gluten-free?
Yes, they are gluten-free.
How long does ham last in the fridge?
A ham will last in the refrigerator for three to five days.
What does uncured ham mean?
Uncured ham has no injections of any type of chemical to preserve the ham and is considered to be healthier.
The Best Pineapple Honey Glazed Ham (simple)
- Tooth Picks
- Baking Dish
- 9 to 10 Pound Spiral Ham Bone-in Fully cooked
- 4-5 Pineapple Slices 20 oz can of pineapples
- ½ Cup Pineapple Juice Use juice from pineapple can
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 4 to 5 Maraschino Cherries 16oz jar
- 1 Tablespoon Maraschino Cherry juice Use juice from cherry jar
- Remove your precooked spiral ham from the pack9 to 10 Pound Spiral Ham Bone-in
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Next, to a bowl add honey, brown sugar, pineapple juice, and maraschino juice and mix well.½ Cup Pineapple Juice, ½ Cup Honey, 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, 1 Tablespoon Maraschino Cherry juice
- Add your ham to a baking dish(make sure the ham is on its side.
- To the front of the meat, place a pineapple sliceNext, take a cherry with a toothpick and push it through the hole of the pineapple4-5 Pineapple Slices, 4 to 5 Maraschino Cherries
- Pour the mixture to your ham making sure to open the slices of meat then pour the honey glaze mixture in.
- Rub in well.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil over the meat. Try to cover the ham as best as possible without removing the decorations.
- Add to your preheated oven for 1 hour then remove from the oven, take the aluminum foil off and baste your ham with the juices in the dish.
- Place back in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top of your ham begins to get a little charred.