Baked chicken breast at 400 degrees or Southern baked chicken is so delicious, especially when baked at the correct temperature for the right amount of time. How long does it take to bake chicken breast at 400 degrees? That is a good question. Well, have no worries because I have done the research for you, my friend.
Why Should You Make This Southern Baked Chicken
For starters, this must be one of the easiest oven-baked chicken recipes there is. My stuffed chicken inspired this Southern baked chicken. It pairs well with my southern collard greens. I can give you many reasons for making this baked chicken recipe. It’s quick, easy, and only has a few ingredients. Not to mention how healthy and full of protein this meal is. Another good reason to make this recipe is that it goes well with chicken breast on-the-bone recipes.
Ingredients For Southern Baked Chicken
Sea Salt– Gives the chicken a ton of flavor and balances out the other seasonings in this recipe.
Paprika- gives this Southern baked chicken recipe a lot more color and a hint of spice. Although, paprika really doesn’t have a taste.
Extra Seasonings– Black Pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. These seasonings add a hint of flavor and spice to your meal.
Butter- The butter is melted down and used to spread the seasonings on the chicken and allow for the ultimate juicy chicken breast!
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients.
How Long To Cook Chicken Breast at 400 Degrees?
1. Wash and clean your chicken breast. Lather on your softened butter and add seasonings.
2. To a preheated oven of 400 degrees add your chicken and allow to bake for 22 to 25 minutes. This will also depend on the size of the chicken. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and enjoy.
Variations For Baked Chicken Breast at 400 degrees
Here are different ways to enjoy Southern baked chicken:
- Marinate the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a flavorful mixture of olive oil, herbs, and spices for a few hours before baking. This will infuse the chicken with delicious flavors.
- Season the chicken breasts with a dry rub made with your favorite spices, such as paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder. This adds a tasty crust to the chicken while baking.
- For a healthier twist, try using a higher temperature (around 425 degrees Fahrenheit) and a shorter baking time of about 15-20 minutes. This helps to retain the juices and ensures a moist and tender chicken breast.
- Slice the baked chicken breast and use it as a protein salad topping. The chicken adds flavor and makes the salad more filling.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with spinach, feta cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes before baking. This adds a burst of flavor to every bite.
- Make a simple lemon and herb sauce by combining lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, and your favorite herbs like thyme or rosemary. Drizzle the sauce over the baked chicken breasts for a refreshing and zesty flavor.
- Turn the baked chicken breasts into delicious sandwiches by slicing them and layering them on your favorite bread with lettuce, tomato, and a spread of choice.
- Baking dish: A good-quality baking dish is a must-have for baking chicken breast. Opt for an appropriately sized baking dish to accommodate the number of chicken breasts you plan to cook. Glass or ceramic baking dishes are excellent choices as they distribute heat evenly and help retain moisture.
- Oven: A reliable oven is crucial for baking chicken breast to perfection. Make sure your oven is clean and in good working condition before starting. Set your oven temperature according to the recipe instructions to ensure even cooking.
- Meat thermometer: A meat thermometer is invaluable for cooking chicken breast. It helps you accurately gauge the internal temperature of the chicken, ensuring it reaches the safe minimum temperature of 165°F (74°C). This guarantees that your chicken is fully cooked and safe to eat while remaining juicy.
- Aluminum foil: Aluminum foil can cover the chicken breast while baking. This helps to trap moisture and prevent the chicken from drying out. It also aids in cooking and reduces the chances of the chicken getting overly browned on top.
- Cooking oil or butter: A small amount of cooking oil or melted butter is often used to coat the chicken breast before baking. This adds flavor and helps to keep the meat moist during cooking. Choose a neutral-flavored oil like vegetable or canola oil, or use your preferred type of butter.
Storage Southern Baked Chicken
Chicken breast baked at 400 degrees can be stored in an airtight container. Zip-lock bags and airtight storage food trays are pretty much all you need. This will allow your chicken breast to stay fresh for 4 to 5 days. After that, I would say get rid of it because it will become tough.
Baking chicken breast at 400 degrees can result in a delicious meal, and there are a few tips and tricks to ensure that your chicken turns out perfectly cooked and flavorful. Let’s explore these tips in detail, covering the thickest part of the chicken breast, size considerations, easy dinner ideas, chicken marinades, and spice rubs.
The thickest part of the chicken breast takes the longest to cook through. It’s crucial to ensure that this part reaches the safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure the entire chicken breast is fully cooked. To check the temperature accurately, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast, making sure it doesn’t touch the bone if there is one.
The size of your chicken breast affects the cooking time. Larger chicken breasts will take longer to cook through, while smaller ones will cook faster. If you have different-sized chicken breasts, consider adjusting the cooking time accordingly. It’s always a good idea to follow a recipe’s recommended cooking time as a starting point and then adjust it based on the size of your chicken breasts.
Baked chicken breast is an excellent choice for an easy dinner. You can prepare the chicken breasts in advance by marinating or seasoning them and then pop them in the oven when you’re ready to cook. The baking process requires minimal attention, allowing you to focus on preparing side dishes or enjoying some downtime.
Marinating chicken breasts before baking adds incredible flavor and helps to tenderize the meat. You can create a variety of marinades based on your taste preferences. Some popular marinade ingredients include olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, herbs, and spices. Ideally, marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat. However, even a brief 10 to 15-minute marination can still enhance the taste if you’re short on time.
Common Questions For Baked Chicken Breast at 400
How long does it take to bake chicken breast at 400 in an air fryer?
Baking chicken in the air fryer can quickly become dry chicken breast. You don’t want to do that, so my biggest suggestion would be to ensure you are not overcooking your chicken breast. Cooking your baked chicken at 400 degrees should only take about 20 to 25 minutes. Anything over that may cause dry chicken.
How to make juicy oven-baked chicken breast?
Making juicy chicken breast doesn’t have to be hard. You need your oven or air fryer set at the right temperature and the perfect cooking time. Lastly, having the show’s star, butter would be best. You will come out with the perfect juiciest chicken every single time. The chicken will absorb all that butter and your seasoning. Pop it in the oven and watch the magic happen.
How long does it take to bake chicken breast bone at 400
Baking chicken breast depends on the size of the chicken breast, but on average, the largest piece of the chicken breast takes about 22-25 minutes to cook. One way of knowing for sure is by using a meat thermometer. The safe chicken temperature is 165 degrees.
How long does it take to cook thin-cut chicken breast on the stove?
Cooking pan-seared chicken breast on the stove is as easy as 123. You only need to add a pan to the stove and turn it on medium-low. Once you have done so, add in your butter or oil. Your choice. I use butter for my chicken breast. Once the grease or butter begins to sizzle, add your chicken breast and allow it to sear for about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn on the opposite side and do the same. If you want your chicken to be a little crispy, cook for a little while, but be mindful that it may dry out your chicken breast. That’s it.
To summarize, southern baked chicken breast can be a straightforward and tasty meal preparation. Always check the thickest part of the chicken breast for the suggested internal temperature to ensure safe cooking. You can adjust the cooking time based on the size of your chicken breasts to get even results. Baked chicken breast is also a great option for easy dinners since you can prepare it in advance with marinades or spice rubs.
Well, until next time.
Baked Chicken Breast at 400 degrees
- 3 to 4 Chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp Butter Softend
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Add chicken breast to bowl and coat with partially melted butter.3 to 4 Chicken breast, 2 Tbsp Butter
- Season well and allow to bake for 22 to 25 minutes1 Tsp Paprika, 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder, 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning, 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Make sure inside temperature has reached a safe temperature of 165 degrees