Marry me, chicken pasta is on the menu for tonight!! Sun-dried tomatoes, penne pasta, heavy cream, skinless chicken breast, and Parmesan cheese. I’m pretty sure this will become your next family favorite or date night special.
Why Make This Marry Me Chicken pasta
Easy as 123- The simplicity of this recipe is a definite plus. An easy recipe is always fun.
Under 30 Minutes- to create this marry me chicken pasta with tender chicken breasts. You will only need a total of 30 minutes.
What ingredients will you need for Marry Me Chicken Pasta?
- Chicken Breast- To achieve the desired results, you can use thick cuts of chicken breast or chicken thighs or opt for thinly sliced chicken. Both options will work well depending on your preference and the recipe you’re preparing.
- Pasta– I cooked the penne pasta, which pairs nicely with the pasta sauce without absorbing too much. Additionally, I added fresh garlic for extra flavor.
- Heavy Cream- If you want to make a rich and flavorful creamy cheese sauce for the Marry Me Chicken pasta, heavy cream is your go-to ingredient. Deliciousness.
- Sun-dried Tomatoes– This helps to give this marry-me chicken pasta a roasted, sweet, garlicky-like flavor.
- Chicken Stock- This works well together with the heavy cream.
A full list of ingredients and instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
How To Make Marry Me Chicken Pasta?
- Cook your pasta as instructed by the package directions.
- If your chicken breasts are thicker, it’s a good idea to pound them with a meat mallet.
- Season the chicken breasts.
- In a medium-high skillet, melt some butter and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once the skillet is heated, add the seasoned chicken breasts and let them sear on both sides for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once the cooked chicken is done, please remove it from the pan.
- In the same skillet, add some minced garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Let them cook together for about 2-3 minutes, allowing their flavors to meld and intensify.
- Pour in the heavy cream, chicken broth, and generous Parmesan cheese. Please give it a good stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the cooked pasta and the sliced chicken back into the skillet. Sprinkle in your chosen seasonings into your Marry Me chicken pasta.
- To add an extra touch of cheesiness, top the delicious chicken recipe with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- For a meatless version of the Marry Me chicken Pasta, omit the chicken. The creamy sauce and flavorful ingredients will still make for a delicious and satisfying meal.
- A splash of white wine added to your chicken pasta recipe would pair perfectly with the double cream.
I love that this recipe can last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Store the juicy chicken breast with creamy sun-dried tomato sauce and pasta in an airtight container.
This is a fair warning that this creamy sundried tomato chicken pasta will knock you off your feet with the spice level. I also would like to mention that this creamy chicken is perfect for busy weeknights!
Marry Me Chicken Pasta
- 8 Ounces Pasta your choice of shape
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh basil chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Thyme
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.8 Ounces Pasta
- While the pasta is cooking, season the chicken breasts. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.2 Boneless, 2 Tablespoons Olive oil, Salt and pepper to taste, 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Flakes, 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano, 1/4 Teaspoon Thyme, 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 6-7 minutes per side until cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into strips.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.3 Cloves Garlic
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes until they soften.1 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Let it simmer for a few minutes until the liquid reduces slightly. Season to taste.1 Cup Chicken broth, 1 Cup Heavy Cream, 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese, Salt and pepper to taste, 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss it with the tomato-garlic mixture.
- Add the sliced chicken to the skillet and toss everything together until well combined.
- Remove the skillet from heat and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the pasta. Toss again to mix it in.1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Finally, garnish with fresh basil and serve hot.2 Tablespoons Fresh basil