Purple Gatorade shot anyone?! In this delicious shot recipe, you have a mixture of purple vodka, grenadine, and a couple more items just to name a few. It’s one refreshing summer drink that is thirst quenching and is perfect for those hot sunny days. These Gatorade shots are a great way to gain energy after physical activity and simply enjoy a delicious cocktail. I made this recipe with simple ingredients and it is extremely versatile. I have included a variety of Gatorade shots and how to create them.
What Is A Gatorade Shot?
A Gatorade shot is a small, concentrated drink made using every ingredient you can think of except Gatorade LOL. A popular sports drink known for its ability to replenish electrolytes and provide hydration. A Gatorade shot is instead a mixture of alcoholic beverages that come together to create an adult drink that tastes like Gatorade! You can typically serve Gatorade shots in a shot glass. The key to these shots is to consume them swiftly so that you can get that boost of energy it brings!! These Gatorade shots are often mixed with other ingredients such as alcohol or fruit juices to create flavorful and refreshing cocktails. They are a popular choice for parties, sporting events, or as a quick source of energy during physical activity.
Ingredients For Purple Gatorade Shot
The following ingredients in this Gatorade shot recipe is kept to a bare minimum so that you can enjoy your delicious shot sooner than later.
- Grenadine– is like the superstar ingredient here. It’s what I rely on to bring in loads of amazing flavor and to give that cool purple color that you find in purple Gatorade. But hold on, there are actually a bunch of other Gatorade shot options available to. I’ll be sure to talk about those more in detal later on in this post..
- Grape Vodka- To make this grape-flavored drink we’re only gonna used the best vodkas. The best way to find Grape vodka is at your local Wine store. They have several different brands that ma.ke the same grape vodka. Any of them works well with this purple Gatorade shot recipe.
- Blue Curaçao- adding in this Blue Curaçao will give your drink this vibrant blue color which is often times is used to add a unique visual element to cocktails and mixed drinks. It has a sweet and slightly bitter taste, with flavors of orange and citrus. This is also used often in other popular drink recipes commonly used..
- Sour Mix- helps with the added flavor of sweetness.
- Purple Sugar- This is used to add that sweet sugary taste around the rim of your shot glass. This is a definite one to try at your next party! If you aren’t a fan of the sweetness then try a salty rim.
- Plenty of Ice- Ice is optional but I would definitely recommend it. If you’re not an ice person you can simply add this drink to the refrigerator to chill for a few hours then enjoy!!
How To Make A Purple Gatorade Shot?
1. Add your lemons to the bottom of the jar. Now add the remaining ingredients and shake well. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
2. Start by smoothing the out edges of the glass with a slice of lemon.
3. Add salt to a small bowl and submerge and twist the rim of the glass into the salt until coated.
4. Pour the chilled purple Gatorade into the shot glass and garnish with lemon.
Red Gatorade Shot- consists of cranberry juice, sour mix, and Gatorade, resulting in a vibrant and tantalizing cocktail.
Orange Gatorade- the Orange Gatorade Shot incorporates orange juice, triple sec, and Gatorade. On the other hand,
Blue Gatorade Shot- inspired by blue sports drinks, combines blue Gatorade, vodka, and limeade concentrated, making it a perfect choice for quenching your thirst on a hot summer day.
Grape Gatorade– If you prefer grape-flavored concoctions, the Grape Gatorade Shot is made with grape juice, grape-flavored drink, and grape vodka, providing a delicious shot that satisfies your taste buds..
- Lemon Juice- The lemon juice gives this Gatorade shot a spike of that zesty flavor we all know and love, but if you aren’t a fan, you can omit it.
- Pineapple Juice- I love how using pineapple juice helps to bring in a subtle hint of flavor.
If you don’t have all the ingredients on hand, you can make substitutions.
Simple Syrup– If you aren’t a major fan of the sour mix then you can definitely replace it with the simple syrup.
Kosher salt- The purple sugar can be a tad bit to sweet to taste on the rim of the glass for some so you can salt to make this grape Gatorade shot.
Grape Vodka- For example, if you don’t have grape vodka you can use regular vodka and add a squeeze of lemon juice for that citrusy flavor. If you don’t have grape vodka, you can use regular vodka and add a splash of grape juice for that grape flavor..
Grenadine- If you can’t find grenadine you can use strawberry syrup or homemade grenadine.
Cocktail Shaker- To make your Gatorade shots, you will need a cocktail shaker to mix the ingredients up well. You will also need a shot glass or a small glass to serve the shots. Don’t forget to garnish your shots with fruit slices or. lime wedges for added presentation.
Mason Jars- If you don’t have a cocktail mixer on hand, you can simply use a mason jar to store and create your drink in. You want to simply add all of the ingredients into the mason jar and mix things up well. This makes for one extremely easy recipe.
Double old fashioned glass– Fruity cocktails are made to be served in a sturdy old fashioned glass which is the best part and I must say will make this an official drink of the NFL party or any party for that matter!
When it comes to storage Gatorade shots are best enjoyed fresh. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator in a mason jar for up to 2 months. Just make sure to give them a good stir before serving .again.
Sides To Enjoy
When it comes down to this purple Gatorade shot you are going to need a good old side to add with this Gatorade shot. Why not enjoy it with a side of buttermilk fried chicken or oven-baked ribs. These are all really great options. If you are a cornbread fan that also pairs well with these Gatorade shots.
What’s in a purple Gatorade shot?
A purple Gatorade shot has about 4 simple ingredients. Grape vodka, grenadine, sour mix, and blue curaçao that can easily be picked up at your local ABC store.
Do you need Gatorade to make Gatorade shots?
No, absolutely not. Gatorade isn’t even used in this recipe at all.
In conclusion, Gatorade shots are a delicious and refreshing way to enjoy a quick source of energy. With their simple ingredients and easy recipes, they are a popular drink for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a great drink to enjoy on a hot summer day Gatorade shots are the right choice. So get your cocktail shaker ready and start mixing up your own Gatorade shots today!!
Well, until next time folks.
Purple Gatorade Shot (Extremely Easy)
- 2 Cups Grape Vodka
- 1 1/2 Cup Sour Mix
- 1 Cup Blue Curacao
- 1/2 Cup Grenadine
- 1 Lemon Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- Add your lemons to the bottom of the jar. Now add the remaining ingredients and shake well. Shake well. Refrigerate for 3 hours.2 Cups Grape Vodka, 1 1/2 Cup Sour Mix, 1 Cup Blue Curacao, 1/2 Cup Grenadine
- Start by smoothing the out edges of the glass with a slice of lemon.1 Lemon
- Add salt to a small bowl and submerge and twist the rim of the glass into the salt until coated.
- Pour the chilled purple Gatorade into the shot glass and garnish with lemon.2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt