These quick and easy smash burgers are so fun to make, and did I mention how easy they are to create. If you are like me and love a good restaurant burger but don’t necessarily want to go to the restaurant to get it, then look no further! I have the perfect smash burger recipe for you.
What is a smash burger?
Firstly, a smash burger is a burger that is smashed onto the griddle. So, you would take your ground beef and form it into a ball. Next, lay a piece of parchment paper on top of the meat. Now, take a spatula and meat mallet to press the meat down. That’s it! You have a smash burger!
What are the ingredients to a smash burger?
The ingredients to a smash burger are ground beef, caramelized onions, slice cheese, burger buns, and creamy mac sauce. The seasonings that you use on this burger depend on your tastebuds. I used garlic powder, salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
What type of meat do I use for a smash burger?
I used ground beef to make this recipe. I used beef that is 80/20. That means the meat is 80 percent lean and 20% fat. In using this percentage of meat, you will have a juicier burger. Also, leaner meat tends to be a lot healthier. I try to get my beef for my quick and easy smash burgers at the local meat market. They always have a variety of fresh meat for you to choose from. Also, if you do decide to go with your local grocery store beef just make sure the meat is in the styrofoam pack with no smell. You should be good to go!
If you enjoyed this recipe then you would definitely enjoy my Sweet n sour crispy chicken sandwich.
Quick and easy smash burger
- 1 1/2 LB Ground beef 80/20
- 1 Tbsp Sea salt To your liking
- 1 Tbsp Black pepper To your liking
- 1 Tbsp Seasoning salt To your liking
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce To your liking
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder To your liking
- 8 Slice cheese Sharp Cheese
Smash burger sauce
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Sweet relish
- 1 Tsp White vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Creamy french dressing
- 1 Tsp Salt To your liking
- 1 Tsp Pepper To your liking
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Chopped Onion
- 1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
- In a bowl add in your ground beef and seasonings. Combine together Salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, and Worcestershire Sauce
- Form about a 4oz ball with the beef until no more is left
- Place the beef onto a griddle at 375 degrees
- Place a piece of parchment paper over the beef and flatten the patty with a spatula
- Hold the parchment paper onto the patty for about 30 seconds then remove the paper.
- Let the patty cook on both sides for 5 minutes each or until fully done
- Next add a slic of cheese onto the patty until melted
- Add your chopped onions with butter and oil.
- Sautéed onions until caramelized
Smash burger sauce
- In a bowl add Mayo, creamy French dressing, salt, pepper, sweet relish, and vinegar mix together
- Toast your buns
- Add smash burger sauce to bun
- Add cook beef patty to bun
- Add caramelized onion