Apple dump cake with caramel and a scoop of ice cream is calling your name! Not to mention it only has 4 ingredients! The apple pie filling and dry cake mix give this recipe the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
2. In a large bowl, combine the apple filling, and cinnamon, and Mix everything together until well combined.
3. Pour the apple mixture into the greased baking dish and spread it out evenly.
4. Sprinkle the dry cake mixes evenly over the apples.
5. Pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the cake mix, making sure to cover as much of the dry mix as possible.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. At the half mark open the oven and cover any dry spots with the remaining melted butter. Place back in the oven until the top is golden brown and the cake is set.
7. Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool for a bit before serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a few drizzles of caramel.
This apple pie dump cake doesn’t take a lot of equipment. You will only need a baking pan or casserole dish to make this homemade apple pie dump cake.
A frozen dump cake is a great way to save your apple cobbler for a later day. I would say that this recipe will last a month frozen, and 3 to 4 days unthawed.
This delicious dessert yields the best results when served warm and over some vanilla ice cream. The simple ingredients in this apple cake speak volumes. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Until next time.
Here are other dump cake recipes
Cherry Dump Cake
Last Updated on November 20, 2023 by Ronalyn Alston | Published: November 7, 2023
November 7, 2023