Turkey bacon sandwich drizzled with maple syrup is the number one thing my family and I love to make. I went to Starbucks, and my eyes were stuck on their breakfast sandwich menu. I was immediately hooked. The Gouda cheese is magical. So, why not recreate some of these healthy Starbucks turkey breakfast sandwiches at home?
What Is Turkey Bacon?
Turkey bacon is made from Turkey meat. It’s a great healthy alternative for those who don’t like pork bacon. Also keto-friendly, which is a plus!! It’s a little different in taste and texture. I like to say that it’s a chewy meat with much flavor. It’s also a leaner cut of meat and lower in calories. Who doesn’t love that, right?
Why You Should Make This Turkey Bacon Sandwich with Maple Syrup?
- Keto Friendly: This sandwich is fully keto except for the bread slices.
- Turkey sandwiches are a great way to feed your whole family and stay within your calorie diet.
- This is the perfect sandwich if you want to make a sandwich with simple ingredients. It’s one of my favorite healthy recipes.
Grocery Store List For Turkey Bacon Sandwich
Turkey bacon- I used Godshall’s slices of bacon, but you can use any brand you like!
Whole Wheat Bread– You can always use other types of slices of bread that work well with maple syrup. I love this one because of the dietary fiber. I will give you a few more options for this turkey club sandwich.
Whole Eggs- When added to the lean meat, this always makes a great sandwich.
Cucumber Slice- This tasty sandwich isn’t complete without the thinly crunchy sliced cucumber.
Melt Cheese- I use Gouda cheese, but you can use some slices of cheddar cheese or Asiago cheese.
Maple Syrup– Drizzle a small amount of pure maple syrup.
How To Make Turkey Bacon Sandwich?
- Cook your turkey bacon and sit to the side on a paper towel.
- In a nonstick medium-low heat skillet, melt butter. Gently place your bread into the skillet, cooking each piece of bread on both sides for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the skillet and begin to layer your bread with all of the condiments you choose.
- Drizzle with a small amount of maple syrup and enjoy.
Storing Turkey Bacon
Once the bacon has cooled, add it to an airtight container and save it for later.
- You can also get a little extra and add lettuce leaves to complement the spinach, eggs, and turkey bacon.
- Add Swiss cheese or Gouda cheese to your turkey bacon sandwich.
- Get creative with the condiments. Try to add different ingredients like ranch. This will make the perfect turkey bacon ranch sandwich.
- Add a spicy kick by adding on some delicious hot honey sauce.
- If you are a non-turkey bacon lover, you should try switching that out for regular crispy bacon or even some leftover turkey, roast beef, or turkey breast.
- I used wheat bread, but you can go for any bread, such as white bread, English muffin, tomato basil bread, crescent rolls, keto bread, or soft Italian bread.
- Club sandwiches and the condiments are completely up to you. Add tomato slices, Swiss cheese, white cheddar, and Dijon mustard.
This turkey bacon sandwich will always be a plus when you need something quick and easy to place on the table. Don’t feel like going out for a Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich or the popular Panera bread sandwich? Don’t worry, I got you! This will for sure become one of your favorite sandwiches.
Turkey Bacon Sandwich
- 4 Slices Turkey bacon
- 8 Slices Turkey deli meat
- 4 Slices Wheat Bread your choice of type
- Cucumber Slices
- Tomato slices
- Mayonnaise or your preferred condiment
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Maple Syrup
- Cook your turkey bacon and sit to the side on a paper towel.4 Slices Turkey bacon
- To a nonstick medium-low heat skillet on medium-high, melt butter. Gently place your bread into the skillet, cooking each piece of bread on both sides for 2 minutes or until golden brown.4 Slices Wheat Bread
- Remove the bread from the skillet and begin to layer your bread with Turkey deli meat and the remaining condiments you choose.8 Slices Turkey deli meat, Cucumber Slices, Tomato slices, Mayonnaise, Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle with a small amount of maple syrup and enjoy.Maple Syrup