Hamburger steak with gravy and onions…..Hmmmm, doesn’t that sound good? This hamburger steak recipe is perfected and then smothered in my homemade gravy. I placed this ground beef recipe over a bed of garlic mashed potatoes! You will enjoy every bite of this hamburger steak recipe.
This recipe doesn’t have a ton of crazy ingredients, but it does have a separate recipe list. One recipe list is dedicated to the ground beef patties, and the other recipe list is for the gravy, unlike my other ground beef recipes.
Here are the ingredients to my hamburger steak with onions and gravy.
That’s all of your ingredients. Now, let me show you how to make these beef patties.
This has got to be one of the easiest recipes I have ever made. I used to sit by the stove and droll over my mom, making this recipe for dinner, but let’s keep going.
Now you can enjoy this hamburger steak with gravy and onions
You will love my smothered cube steak recipe if you enjoy this recipe.
Feel free to experiment with these variations and substitutions to create a dish that suits your preferences and satisfies your whole family's cravings.
Frying pan: You'll need a frying pan to cook your hamburger steaks. Make sure to choose a pan that can comfortably fit all the steaks in a single layer.
Refrigerator storage: If you plan on consuming the hamburger steak within a few days, you can store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. Make sure it's placed in the refrigerator at a temperature below 40°F (4°C). This method can keep the hamburger steak fresh and safe to eat for up to 3-4 days.
Freezer storage: If you want to store it for a longer period, you can freeze hamburger steak. Wrap each individual patty tightly with plastic wrap or place them in freezer-safe containers. Then, put them in the freezer at 0°F (-18°C) or below. Properly stored, hamburger steaks can maintain their quality for about 3-4 months in the freezer.
2. Nutrition information: It's always a good idea to know the nutritional content of your meals. You can find this information on the ground beef packaging or by checking online resources or apps that provide nutritional data.
3. Picky eaters: If you're serving hamburger steak to picky eaters, you can add extra seasonings or ingredients they enjoy to make it more appealing. You can also consider serving it with a side of their favorite vegetables or condiments.
4. Internal temperature: It's important to cook your hamburger steak to the correct internal temperature to ensure it's safe to eat. The USDA recommends cooking ground beef to an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
5. Hot sauce: If you enjoy heat in your hamburger steak, add hot sauce to the recipe. Adjust the amount according to your preference.
6. Small bowl: You might need a small bowl to mix your seasonings or create a sauce for your hamburger steak.
7. Kosher salt: Kosher salt is commonly used in cooking for its texture and ability to enhance flavors. You can use it to season your hamburger steak according to your taste.
8. Extra seasonings: To add more flavor to your hamburger steak, you can use a variety of condiments such as garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, or herbs like thyme or rosemary. Feel free to experiment and find the combination that suits your taste.
9. Dinner table: Once your hamburger steaks are cooked, gather your family or friends around the dinner table to enjoy the meal together. It's always great to share a delicious recipe with loved ones.
10. Side of green beans: A classic side dish to pair with hamburger steak is green beans. You can steam or sauté them and season them with salt, pepper, and a little bit of butter for added flavor.
11. Cup of water: You might need a cup of water to use in the recipe or to help create a sauce or gravy.
12. Brown gravy mix: To complete your Salisbury steak recipe, you can use a brown gravy mix. Simply follow the instructions on the package to prepare the gravy and pour it over your cooked hamburger steaks.
Mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, minced onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and desired seasonings. Shape into patties. Preheat air fryer to 375°F. Place patties in air fryer basket, leaving space between them. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove and let rest for a couple of minutes. Serve as desired.
The number of calories in a hamburger steak can vary depending on the size and ingredients used. On average, a 4-ounce (113g) hamburger steak contains approximately 250-300 calories. However, it's important to note that the calorie count can increase if additional ingredients like cheese, sauces, or toppings are added.
There are many options for side dishes and accompaniments that go well with hamburger steak. Here are a few popular choices:
2. Grilled Vegetables: Grilling or roasting vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, or asparagus can add a healthy and flavorful element to the meal.
3. French Fries: Crispy french fries are a classic choice for a burger meal, and they pair well with a hamburger steak too.
4. Salad: A fresh salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and your choice of dressing can provide a refreshing contrast to the richness of the steak.
5. Coleslaw: Creamy coleslaw is another popular option that adds a cool and crunchy component to the meal.
6. Baked Beans: Baked beans can be a great choice if you're looking for a comforting and hearty side dish.
7. Corn on the Cob: Grilled or boiled corn on the cob is a tasty and seasonal option that can be enjoyed alongside a hamburger steak.
In conclusion, hamburger steak is a great recipe choice for busy weeknights. This classic Salisbury steak dish, made with cube steaks and savory mushrooms(optional), offers a delicious and satisfying meal option. With simple seasonings and a teaspoon of salt, you can recreate the flavors of a Cracker Barrel favorite or try a twist with Salisbury steak meatballs. Whether you enjoy it with white rice or opt for a more traditional pairing, this dish will surely please.
And remember, as an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases through the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program.
Last Updated on November 16, 2023 by Ronalyn Alston | Published: July 10, 2022
July 10, 2022