So sweet, moist, and filled with flavor in every bite! This honey butter cornbread with jiffy mix is so dang easy to make!
Cornbread in minutes
Making a good cornbread recipe doesn’t have to feel like open-heart surgery. No, not today. We’re not doing that! Instead, I’m going to show you a quick and easy cornbread recipe that my 3-year-old could probably make. Oh, and this cornbread recipe is with honey. Who doesn’t love honey right?!?! Okay, let’s take a dive into this recipe.
What can you pair honey butter cornbread with?
You can pair cornbread with just about anything. You can even choose to have cornbread all by itself. Either way, you are in for a delicious treat. I like to pair my cornbread with a meal though. My favorite meal to pair my cornbread with my honey BBQ ribs, smothered Fried Cube Steak, or my pineapple honey wings!! My goodness, what a meal!
Ingredients to honey butter cornbread
Like I mentioned before making cornbread shouldn’t be like open-heart surgery. I like my food simply made. When it’s made by me of course but if it’s someone else cooking LOL have it! So, there are only a few ingredients. The ingredients to this delicious cornbread are sugar, baking powder, jiffy corn muffin mix, eggs, butter, milk, and let’s not forget the honey!
How to cook cornbread? It’s so simple to cook cornbread. The only thing you really need to do is preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Grab a bowl and mix all of your ingredients in well. Once you have done that butter the bottom of your cast iron skillet or pan. Place the mixture in the oven for 20-35 minutes or just perform the toothpick test. If you poke the middle of the bread and it comes back out wet. It’s not done but if it comes back out with a little moist/dry. You are done enjoy!
Honey butter cornbread with jiffy mix
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/4 cup White sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 stick Butter melted
- 1 and 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 3 Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- Mix all of your wet ingredients in a bowl(eggs, melted butter, buttermilk)
- Mix your wet ingredients in with your 2 boxes of jiffy mix
- Butter the bottom of your cast iron skillet or pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the mixture in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Perform the toothpick test. If you poke the middle of the bread and it comes out wet. It’s not done. If the toothpick comes back out with a little moist/dry it’s done.
- Rub your butter over the top of your cornbread then your honey. Let cool and cut into your cornbread.