So sweet, moist, and filled with flavor in every bite! This honey butter cornbread with jiffy mix is so dang easy to make!
Cornbread in minutes
Making a good cornbread recipe doesn’t have to feel like open-heart surgery. No, not today. We’re not doing that! Instead, I’m going to show you a quick and easy cornbread recipe that my 3-year-old could probably make. Oh, and this cornbread recipe is with honey. Who doesn’t love honey right?!?! Okay, let’s take a dive into this recipe.
What can you pair honey butter cornbread with?
You can pair cornbread with just about anything. You can even choose to have cornbread all by itself. Either way, you are in for a delicious treat. I like to pair my cornbread with a meal though. My favorite meal to pair my cornbread with my honey BBQ ribs, smothered Fried Cube Steak, or my pineapple honey wings!! My goodness, what a meal!
Ingredients to honey butter cornbread
Like I mentioned before making cornbread shouldn’t be like open-heart surgery. I like my food simply made. When it’s made by me of course but if it’s someone else cooking LOL have it! So, there are only a few ingredients. The ingredients to this delicious cornbread are sugar, jiffy corn muffin mix, eggs, butter, and sour cream. and let’s not forget the honey!
How to cook cornbread? It’s so simple to cook cornbread. The only thing you really need to do is preheat your oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Grab a bowl and mix all of your ingredients in well. Once you have done that butter the bottom of your cast iron skillet or pan. Place the mixture in the oven for 17-20minutes or just perform the toothpick test. If you poke the middle of the bread and it comes back out wet. It’s not done but if it comes back out with a little moist/dry. You are done enjoy!
Honey butter cornbread with jiffy mix
- 1 Box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 Tbsp Granulated sugar optional(makes cornbread sweet)
- 1/2 Cup Butter melted
- 2 Large Eggs beaten
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream
Honey butter spread
- 1/2 Cup Butter Soften
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Tsp Brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 Fahrenheit
- Butter the bottom of your cast iron skillet or pan and set to the side
- In a bowl add in your butter, sour cream, and sugar then mix
- Add in your beaten eggs
- Sift in your jiffy mix
- Mix until you get a smooth texture
- Add to your cast iron pan or dish and spread the mixture evenly with a spatula
- Place in oven for 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Prepare honey butter spread
- Generously spread your honey butter over the top
- Cut and enjoy
Honey Butter Spread
- In a small bowl add in your soften butter, brown sugar, and honey.
- Mix well then spread over the top of cornbread