Quick and Easy moist chocolate cake
Chocolate cake has always been one of my weaknesses. I love to accompany this recipe with ice cream or milk. Oh, the many flavors chocolate cake can send to your taste buds……yummy! This easy moist chocolate cake literally melts in your mouth. ?
This cake is a crowd pleaser and definitely a kid pleaser, but please be careful. My kids literally jumped through the roof after eating this sweet treat but hey live a little right?! Chocolate cake is one of those recipes that has been around for many years. I would like to put my two cents out there to compliment this already perfect recipe.
Steps to easy chocolate cake recipe
The first thing we will need to do is gather all of our ingredients all-purpose flour, eggs, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder,powdered sugar, buttermilk, vanilla extract, water, salt, honey, oil and sugar!
Set your oven to 350F
Get your cake pans…Preferably 2, 9-inch cake pans. Butter the pan, then spread the coconut powder on the bottom of the pan as well.
You can use flour, but I prefer cocoa powder.
Grab a mixing bowl and stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar, powdered sugar and salt. Make sure everything is blended for best results.
Grab a separate mixing bowl and add eggs, oil, buttermilk, vanilla extract, and honey. Then slowly whisk in boiling water. In doing this you will make sure the cake doesn’t stick to pan when done.
Now stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Then pour mixture into each buttered 9-inch cake pan.
Place in the oven for 35 minutes. Start checking if cake is ready around 28 minutes because everyone oven is a little different. To make sure the cake is done stick a toothpick in cake. Remove the toothpick, if the toothpick is dry the cake is done. If the toothpick comes out wet, let it bake a little longer.
Once done, take the cake out to cool down for about 10-15 minutes. Then you can start frosting your cake! I frosted my cake with store bought chocolate icing and added some chocolate chips for good measure. I added chocolate chips onto my frosting. Hey, a few chocolate chips here and there won’t hurt you LOL.
More delicious recipes
More delicious recipes
If you enjoyed this quick and easy moist chocolate cake. You should check out my Oreo banana vanilla milkshake!
QUICK AND EASY MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 Can Nonstick butter spray Coating the bottom of pan so the cake doesn’t stick
- 3 Cups Flour all purpose
- 1 Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 Cups White sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 3 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 9 inch Cake pans 2
- The first thing we will need to do is gather all of our ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Get your cake pans…Preferably 2, 9-inch cake pans. Spray the bottom of your pans with nonstick spray
- Grab a separate mixing bowl. Add in your flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix those ingredients together well
- Now stir the wet ingredients to the previous mixture( eggs, buttermilk, hot water, and vanilla extract). Use an electric mixer to mix ingredients for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture evenly into each 9-inch cake pan.
- Place in the oven for 35 minutes. Start checking if the cake is ready around 30 minutes because everyone oven is a little different. To make sure the cake is done stick a toothpick in the cake. If the toothpick is dry the cake is done. If the toothpick comes out wet. Allow the cake bake the remaining time left.
- Once done, take the cake out to cool for about 10-15 minutes. Then you can start frosting your cake! I frosted my cake with store purchased chocolate cake mix
- How To Make Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- How To Make Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Best Beef and Broccoli Stir fry Recipe
- How To Make Hibachi at Home
- The Best Baked Spaghetti