This must have quick and easy pineapple upside down cake is so rich and creamy. I’m telling you; it literally melts in your mouth!
I have always had a thing for a good moist cake but sometimes I just don’t feel like making a cake from scratch. So, what can a sister do? Grab a box cake mix right off the shelf. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a stickler for making cakes from scratch but when you have kids doing cartwheels through the house all day sometimes it’s just not a part of the plan. Lol
Gather all your ingredients
I know you probably hear this over and over again but it’s true. Grab all of your necessary ingredients before you start cooking. In doing this, you will ensure you don’t miss any of your ingredients when you start the recipe. It will also help you to feel less overwhelmed while cooking.
Questions on pineapple upside down cake
- Does it taste better with homemade cake?
I’ve tried this cake both ways and I have to say homemade is definitely always the way to go. However, sometimes I just don’t have the time or patience, so it’s okay to use a box cake mix. Yes, I said it LOL. I can also tell you I’ve tried other homemade cake recipes and I really couldn’t tell the difference.
- Do you use canned pineapples or fresh pineapples?
Like I mentioned before, I’m all for the simpler things in life, so canned it is for me.
- Does the fruit go bad?
I place the cake in the refrigerator to make sure the cake stays fresh.
- Is the pineapple upside-down cake good for holidays?
Flex your baking skills and wow your guests with this easy dessert. This cake is definitely a beautiful cake to have on the table for the holidays. The cherries make this dish look really festive. My husband likes to have this cake with ice cream and whipped cream.
5. How long does this cake last?
This cake is so good; It probably won’t last for a day in your home! I would recommend to keep this cake for a week for a really fresh taste.
Step 1: Grab all of ingredients for your recipe!
Eggs, butter, vegetable oil, milk, instant vanilla pudding, dark brown sugar, canned sliced pineapples, cherries in jar, and yellow box cake mix.
Step 2: Grease the bottom and sides of your 6-inch Bundt cake pan with butter. This will ensure that your cake comes out of the pan without sticking.
Step 3: Heat your butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Stir the ingredients until it dissolves. Make sure to do this at a low temperature to prevent burning.
Step 4: Remove your mixture from the stove and add in a circular motion around your 6 -inch Bundt cake pan (Careful it will be hot!).
Step 5: Slice your canned pineapples in half and place one in each of the creases of the pan. Grab cherries and place them in between each pineapple. You can use as many as you like; it’s your cake! Move the 6-inch Bundt cake pan to the side.
Step 6: In another bowl, mix your eggs then add milk, oil, and instant vanilla pudding. Once thoroughly mixed, add in your yellow cake mix.
Step 7: Mix until the batter is smooth and free of lumps. Pour in a circular motion into the 6-inch Bundt cake pan.
Step 8: Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before attempting to remove from pan.
Step 9: Take a butter knife and gently slide around cake to make sure it’s not sticking. Grab a cake pan and gently turn pan upside down on the cake pan while holding the top of pan. Your cake should easily slide out.
Did you enjoy this quick and easy dessert? If so check out QUICK AND EASY MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE
- How To Make Oven Roasted Cornish Hen
- How To Make Cast Iron Mac and Cheese
- How To Make Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes?
- How To Make Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- How to make chicken tacos
Quick unbelievably tasty pineapple upside down Bundt cake
- 1/3 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Stick Butter melted
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 3.4oz Instant vanilla pudding
- 1 Box Yellow cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 jar Maraschino cherries
- 1 20oz Pineapple slices Save the juice
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grab all of the ingredients for your recipe
- Spray non-stick spray on the bottom and sides of your Bundt cake pan. This will ensure that your cake comes out of the pan without sticking.
- Mix your butter and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir the ingredients until it dissolves.
- Add in a circular motion around your Bundt cake pan.
- Slice your canned pineapples in half and place one in each of the creases of the pan. Place cherries in between each pineapple. Set the Bundt cake pan to the side.
- In a bowl mix in your yellow cake mix, granulated sugar, and instant vanilla pudding.
- Next in a separate bowl add eggs, milk, oil. Once thoroughly mixed add to your dry cake mixture.
- Mix until the batter is smooth and free of lumps. Pour in a circular motion into the Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before attempting to remove from pan.
- Take a butter knife and gently slide around cake to make sure it’s not sticking. Grab a cake pan and gently turn pan upside down on the cake pan while holding the top of pan. Your cake should easily slide out.